Tuesday, August 31, 2004

Not a great morning...

Today.....I am not my usual chipper cheery self.  Today was the Urologist visit.   He had ordered a CT scan last week since I was still having pain in my lower back.  I thought maybe I hadn't passed the kidney stone, but the scan says I did.  It also said there's another stone around the same size, getting ready to make the long painful trip down the line just like the previous one.  :-/  I've stocked up on painkillers.  Additionally, since I still had the pain, he gave me some Robaxin, since he thought maybe it was just muscle spasms.  One thing he said though, stuck with me.  "You need to find a primary care physician, because the report says that they are seeing a nodule of some sort in your lung, which may be scarring from bronchitis or exposure to TB...or it could be a tumor, so we will want you to get another CT scan within three months."  ::silence::  My lung had collapsed?  OK...I did have severe bronchitis about 7 or so years ago, but still.  That's enough to get a person thinking.  I had to go get blood drawn as well, since he tested my calcium levels and those were high/normal...so he wanted to do a uric level test.  So, maybe the 'diet' that he gave me initially- which was for calcium oxalate stones - isn't even what I should be doing.  (Although I've tried to cut soda out of my life and it seems to be for the better...) All in all, this is not one of my better mornings......

Jesse offered to make lasagna for dinner, so I'm taking him up on that.  He made it really good last time, because I asked him to put in spinach and ricotta along with everything else.  Good stuff.... maybe some garlic bread & a salad to go with that....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....