Monday, August 30, 2004

The Shredder

No, I'm not talking about the nemesis of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  I'm talking about your standard typical home use paper shredder.  WHAT is it about this machine that turns normal citizens into shredding maniacs?  We bought one this weekend because we had saved checks and receipts from as far back as 1994.  They needed to be taken care of before they took on a life of their own.  As it was, they took up a chunk of space in the corner by my desk.  Soooo......all weekend long, I shredded.  It became oddly addicting.  Although, the machine comes with an overheating mechanism that shuts off the machine if it gets too hot.  That proved to be frustrating.  LOL  Just as I was getting into the rhythm.....the dang thing would turn off.  I finally finished shredding everything todoay, and when I was finished, I was kinda bummed that I couldn't find anything else to shred.  hee hee hee...I'm thinking I should put it back in the box and put it away.  Out of sight, out of mind or something.

We're still looking at vehicles.  We've determined that if we go the SUV route, we must have 3rd row seating.  If we go the mini van route, then bucket seat in the middle would be a bonus.  (No more 'Mom...he's touching me!' crap!)  Jesse keeps saying 'Hey....what about the TV/DVD thing?' umm....yeahokwhatever.  LOL  I'm torn between having one and not having one.  One part of me thinks 'Come ON...can you not get away from a TV for more than 30 minutes?! Gimme a break!  Stop and see life as it passes you by!' and the other part of me says 'Hmm...so....it would be HOW quiet in here while we're driving?  Hmmm'  Decisions, decisions.  Although we did decide not to lease.  We may as well just buy the thing.  The payments would come out cheaper, but the insurance will be a little higher.  Oh well...it's worth it to have something reliable. 

Tomorrow is my follow up Urology visit.  Hopefully they found something worth looking at from the latest CT scan.  They have to.  Why?  Because having pain for this long is not normal, even if I DID pass the stupid stone.

Last nights' dinner wasyour standard Mexican food.  grilled chicken fajitas, rice, beans, and homemade flour tortillas.  I even got an energy burst and made some fresh pico and some chunky guacamole.  We ended up full to capacity since we don't know when to stop when it comes to homemade tortillas.  LOL  Everybody ate well except for the youngest boy, whose meal consisted of chicken nuggets instead of grilled chicken.....he even had a bite of tortilla. 

The VMAs were on last night (we watched while we ate.).  It was by far, the lamest VMAs ever.  Was there even a Host?!  WTH?  I also have to say, that I woulda damn sure shot P. Diddy in the foot after the 4th or 5th time he walked in front of an interview yapping like a damn fool.  I mean, really...if you're 'that big of a mogul', you ought to have some respect for your fellow performers, no?  It was really a waste of 3 hours.  Better luck next year, MTV.  (and please...for the love of Pete....stop inviting Marilyn Manson.  AND Paris Hilton.  what the hell was her purpose there?  geesh....does she sing?  was she nominated?  no?  ok then....)  I think I'm finished with that rant......  :)

I should go figure out what tonights dinner will be.  Maybe leftovers since I made alot last night......we shall see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....