Monday, August 23, 2004

This, that, oh, and a little bit more of that...

New day....and I feel better.  Having a good friend is priceless.  I talked to MY good friend yesterday when I was feeling so sad and she made me laugh with her silliness..... :)

Today mainly consisted of me doing research.  Car research.  Since we have no money, but we need a 2nd car, Jesse is talking about leasing.  I can go along with that, cuz I just want something that runs well.  The other car we have.....has seen better days.  I call it Christine.  You know...that possessed car movie from the 70s?  Why?  It only likes him...not me.  Anyway, we are liking Subaru, so we will probably go do a test drive to make sure we love it before we say yes.  Besides, we hear the AWD thing is good to have in AK, where we're planning to move to.....so it just makes sense.

I also got to watch some of a home video that my FIL sent us.  I love Jesse's parents.  They're such sweethearts.  The video was from one of their trips to Mexico.....to one of the many cousin/niece/relative-of-some-sort quincenieras.  I have to admit.....I could only watch about 15 minutes of it though.  I got dizzy.  LOL Yep...it really is possible to get motion sickness from watching family videos.  LOL  I think I love Jesse's family is because they're so....normal.  I was an only child...with a single working mom.  When I married into Jesse's family....I was completely freaked out.  Wow...this family has been together for years and years....and everybody likes each other?!  Weird!  But...the weird thing was....that they welcomed me into their family like I had always been there.  I get all teary when I think about that....  Not only does his dad have a sense of humor that I love.....his mom does too!  (Yeah, you can imagine the laughing that goes on when the whole family gets together.)  I'll never forget the time his mom came to visit us when we lived in CA.  She and I had gone to the BX and all these exercise shorts were on sale.  You know the ones that make you burn fat just by wearing them....  WELL......between her Spanglish and mine, we were going back and forth on how to get them ON.  Once we finally 'sort of' got them on....hers was three sizes too small...and mine looked like I had a 'bulge'.  Needless to say, we were screaming with laughter for the next two days.

I think I'm gonna go share some laughs with my kids.  Thinking about Jesse's parents inspires me to be the parent to my kids that they are to theirs......

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....