Thursday, August 19, 2004

Trials of a parent

Last night.  Ohhh..what a night.  The many times I've had to bite the inside of my cheek to keep from laughing has increased by one.  We went to bed.  Me and Jesse scooted up next to each other and passed out.  About 30 minutes later, since we let the kids stay up, Ryan comes in.  "Mom?" she says softly?  I jerk awake and mumble 'Hmmph?'  She says "Umm.....Alex got up and cut his hair."  I'm thinking 'Ah well...the boy has a seriously full head of curly hair....' so I ask "How badly?"  I can hear her muffling a giggle as she says "Err...you might want to come see."  Ack.  I get up and look at him.  He just looks at me like nothing is wrong.  I lean over and check out the back side.  Yep.  Sure enough, the boy took a decent chunk of hair off.  WITH the battery operated trimmer.  Gee, son...why not just shave it ALL?!  omg.  SO........I try not to laugh.  Ryan is under the covers giggling, so she's of no help.  It DOES look funny, but of course I can't laugh or he'll think it's ok.  I take him back into the bathroom and try to fix it.  ::sigh::  It's a good thing we homeschool, we don't have anywhere to go this week, and his hair grows fast.  hee hee....

Today Jesse called me at lunch.  We talked about this, that, and the other.  I like when he calls me....it's a nice little break in my day.  Today he was telling me that a coworker is insisting that our kids have to take the state test even though we homeschool.  Of course, I know this not to be true, but whatever.  I sent him the website for our state information along with the FAQ part where it says we don't have to take the test.  I'm sure he'll tell his coworker.  WHY people are so insistent about things they aren't 100% sure of is beyond me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....