Friday, August 27, 2004

Where does the time go?

Today......I become the parent of TWO teenagers.  It was bad enough having one teenager, but now two?!   Alex's birthday.  I can still remember him as a baby.  He LOVED those baby food green beans and he hated any fruit except for baby peaches.  He still doesn't like fruit very much today...lol....and he still loves green beans.  Well, actually, there isn't that much he won't eat, but anyway...  :)  It's just going to be a family celebration this year, so he decided we would go to Chuck E Cheese.  Our Chuck E Cheese is mostly geared towards older kids (and parents), with a small section for little ones, so it works out.  Plenty of video game play for him.  He asked for a GameBoy, so that's what he's getting.  Abuelito sent some money to him for his b-day, too...so I would guess he'll want to use it for a game to go with the GameBoy.  (Tekken, probably)  We'll be having cake & ice cream as well....and of course, share some with the dog, too.  For some reason, my dog and one cat love icing.  The other one runs away from it.  Ooooh...big bad scary icing?!hee hee..who knows, but I can only eat so much of it myself, too.....

Next year, we may be able to have a big party for him.....something with a few more family members than just us.  <g>  He'll like that, I'm sure......

Adrian says to me "So, when will *I* be older?!"  I look at him and sigh.....and say "Hopefully, not for a long time."  All of my babies are growing up.  I'm happy for them, and sad for myself.  What in the world do I do with myself once they get older and go off to do their own things?!  ack.....maybe I better not think about that...and just think and when Alex was 2 and loved mushy peaches.  :)  Yeah.....nice memories.  :)  oh...and something else he used to love....his hands.  LOL  As a baby, he would put his hand up in front of his face....and move them around slowly...amazed that these hand-things belonged to him and he could control their movement...  hee hee......  now.....his hands are as big as any basketball player.  :)  I'm scared to see what the next few years bring.  It's not enough that he's already taller than me at 13?!  yikes...  ah well..he's still.....my baby.  :)

Happy Birthday, Alex!  Mom loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....