Thursday, October 28, 2004

I want a farm

I........want a farm.  A farm with junk on it.  Possibly an old non-working tractor with a barn cat sitting on it.  Pretty picture, ain't it?  Humm....it makes me wonder if I'm idealistic.  Yeah, the answer may be yes.    But that's ok, right?  right?  RIGHT?!?!?!  Although, most people do not share my interest and think I'm a bit off kilter.  'A farm?' they say.  'A farm with like...animals that smell and work all the time?  why would you want that?!'  Well...dammit...I don't know.  I just know I want it.  I imagine myself happy there, so why not.  A woodstove would be cool, too.  Umm...not as my ONLY heat source, mind you, but it'd look nice.  I still want the creature comforts, though.  I may wanna be a farm girl, but I don't have any plans to have to snuggle up to the sheep for warmth.  <g>    I was browsing a website today that made me want to move to whereever this lady lives.  Check out Carterjunk.com  .............I wonder if she'll adopt me. 

In other news, there is none.  <g>  We had some Burger King for dinner last night, which did not seem to agree with my tummy.  Adrians' either, for that matter.  Tonights' dinner is still up in the air.  Since the husband works HD tonight, I may just have a fend-for-yourself type night.  Sandwiches here, chicken nuggets there type thing.

Adrian is learning to sight read.  I haven't decided how I feel about that yet.  Do I want him to sound out the word type thing...or just let him do what he wants?  I'm still planning on getting the How To Teach Your Child To Read In 100 Easy Lessons book, but hmm......  I just got this months' Home Education magazine, which always helps me feel better about unschooling.  I have unfounded doubts sometimes.  Ah well.......everything will work out..........right?  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....