Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Brrrrrrr.....

The house was still kinda chilly (yeah, buddy...70 degrees inside the house is almost freezing, huh?!) by the time Adrian wandered out of bed, so he came out of his room chattering..wearing a T shirt and underwear, and went to sit under the heating vent in the living room with a blanket.  He looked so cute, so I went to snuggle him for a bit and then got up and decided to make some cinnamon rolls.  Something nice and warm for his little tummy.....cuz I KNOW he ain't havin' any of that oatmeal/cream of wheat business.  Then it got me to thinking when I was a kid living in Illinois.  I used to do the same thing....get up and go sit right next to the heater vents...only when I was a kid, they were installed into the baseboards, so I would sit on the floor with the heat blasting out of there warming my cold hiney while I ate breakfast (which was almost always cinnamon toast and 'coffeemilk' <-- half coffee, half milk, plenty of sugar.  Yes, I drank coffee as a kid.  It didn't stunt my growth, nor do I have any weird deficiencies <g>)  Anyway...it was a nice little flashback....

1 comment:

  1. I used to do the same thing... run to the heater.  Imagine what I do now... living in Alaska...........   ;)

    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....