Sunday, November 28, 2004

He's fallen and he can't get up...or something like that...

Well, this morning was....different.  Jesse got up with me this morning (usually he sleeps in for a bit, while I get up and feed the animals and make my coffee) and went to check his email, since he is picking up his boss today at the airport and was checking to see what time the arrival was.  He leaned back in the chair...stretched...and then yelped.  Yup.....pulled a muscle...or something.  So he stands up....well...he's hunched over, so that isn't really standing up, now is it?  He walks over to the middle of the floor, sits down and goes to lean back in an attempt to straighten out whatever got pulled.  Wrong move.  Now, not only is he on his back in the middle of the floor with a searing pain....he's stuck that way.  Sooo...I went and got him some pillows and put them up behind him, telling him to just stay there, because maybe just 'relaxing' there would loosen something up...and then I went to go get him some 800mg Motrin and some cereal (cuz I don't need the Motrin tearing up his stomach to add to his troubles).   About 30 minutes after that, he wanted a hot shower.  Heh heh.....he WANTED a shower.....but how the hell was he gonna get up to get it was what I was thinking.  Somehow we managed to get him into a standing position and he shuffled to the shower and stood under the hot water til he looked like a lobster.  He got out and I helped him with drying off and his clothes and helped him shuffle over to the bed.....armed with some Mentholatum Deep Heat rub.  I gave him a rubdown, and even though he was saying it was kinda...burning, I just kept on massaging it.  I tell ya what....I could feel that muscle all tied up...  I was really feeling for him.  So, about maybe 45 minutes into it, he started to relax and the pain wasn't as severe..... It was enough for him to be able to fall asleep, so I just tiptoed out and left him sleeping.  Hopefully he doesn't move in his sleep and rip up the muscle again.....  although I don't know how he's going to manage driving to the airport now.....  

After I put Jesse to sleep, I went in and put beans, garlic, and a smoked ham hock in the crockpot.  I make some awesome beans if I say so myself.  I'll end up adding goodies to that later on...andserve them refried with some chicken (ok, so it's anybody can really tell in my family) tacos and mexican rice....  I've had a wicked craving for Mexican food lately, and Jesse has been too busy to cook, so I guess I'll have to do it myself..  :)  (ok..not like I'm going to make him cook after this mornings  


  1. Ouch on pulling the muscle!  You are such a good one to take such great care of him.  I hope it feels much better by the end of the day.

  2. Will you marry me :o)

  3.     I hope Jess is feeling better, unless that has actually happend to you, theres no way to really know how painful it can be. Nice journal you've got here:-)

                                 *** Coy ***


Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....