Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Quit hitting the damn snooze!!

ok....I homeschool.  What does that mean?  It means I don't have to get up at 5 AM to make sure my kids gets to the bus stop.  THAT BEING SAID.....sometimes I have to get up with the husband because I need the car for the day.  (Since the van died, we think we're going to wait til we move to replace it)  Today is Alex's therapy/horseback riding thing....so I told Jesse I would take him to work so I could have the car.  AND.....I've discovered something so incredibly annoying, that if he does it again, I'm poking him with a really really sharp stick.  I knew that he hit the snooze button three or four times.  That annoys me, but generally I can sleep thru it.  Me, on the other hand, if I set the alarm for 6, I get up at 6.  Not him.  He sets it for 6 and slams the snooze 3 or 4 times and then jumps out of bed yapping about how he's late.  (If I'm not asleep when this occurs, I just roll my eyes.)  HOWEVER, he did something this morning that I was thisclose to hurting him for.  I told him I would wake up at 6:30.  My sleep time is precious so I know how long I can sleep and how long it will take me to get ready.  I've got it down to a science, OK?!  The alarm rings at 6.  He scoots next to me.  ok, I think...he needs to snuggle.  but...why is he patting me?  umm...hello...why is he talking to me?  I shrugged him off.  5 minutes later, he slams the snooze, and scoots up next to me...and pats my hair.  Again, I'm thinking 'what the hell are you doing WAKING ME UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP' but...... being the nice gal I am, I say nothing.  This goes on 3 or 4 times before he actually gets up on his own and I'm laying there plotting death because he took away 30 MINUTES of my sleep time!!!!  We got on the car and I'm quiet because I didn't make coffee.  Hell...I planned on going back to bed after I dropped him off and got back.  During the driving time, he's asked me if I  a).want coffee  b). wanna hear the radio c). want something to eat d). want the window open.  I veto all of these offers.  He looks at me and says "Gee...you're not a morning person, are ya?!' 

1 comment:

  1. I am a snooze buttom pusher.  I am known for setting my alarm an hour before I'm actually supposed to get up just so I can push the snoozer 4 or 5 times.  But I'm also a morning person.... lol.

    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....