Thursday, November 11, 2004

Veterans Day

 

Today is Veterans Day.  I'd like to give a big 'thank you' to any and all veterans today.  Being in the military gives you a different perspective and appreciation for the men and women who serve our country.  I know that for me...I don't say 'thank you' enough.  My husband is not usually acknowledged for his sacrifices, being military.  He's ok with that, because he knows in his heart that he's doing something he believes in.  That being said.....a while back, when he was at a store picking up a prescription...the cashier told him it wouldn't be ready until the next day or two because their shipment was late.  He said 'I can't really wait that long, I have military orders and won't be here in a day or so to pick it up...is there any other store that might have it?'  The cashier said she would just fill his prescription since he had to have it then.  After she gave him the bag, he stepped aside and apologized to the lady behind him for taking so long.  She was an older woman...maybe 50s.  She looked at him for a minute and said "You've got orders?"  He said "Yes ma'am"  She said "Well, God bless you, Dear.  Thank you for what you do.  Stay safe, now..."  ::silence::  He said 'thank you.' and walked out.  Later, he said to me...."You know.....that was the first time in my military career that anyone ever said 'thank you' to me?"  and he was kinda choked up.  So, my point in the story is.....say 'Thank you' to your servicemen and women.  They will appreciate it more than you know.  Here's a huge THANK YOU to MY serviceman.......

 

2 comments:

  1. I am right there with you. Thank-you veterans and any military personnel for giving yourselves so that all of us can have our freedom. Without all of you, we wouldn't be able to sit here and read these journals nor post back to the entries as we feel. THANK YOU FOR FREEDOM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live in a military town and the community tries to show their appreciation for the military every chance they get.  That makes me both proud to be associated with the military AND a member of the civilian community.  So thank you Veterans, than you Service Members, and family members, who are just as important as those who serve.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....