Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

We'll set the story first.  That's always a good start.  I live in Florida.  You know....the place you see in brochures with women in bikinis running down the beach to meet their man who is standing there open armed and all buff looking?  Yeah...ok.  So, then last night doesn't really follow along with that visual in that it was very cold here.  So cold that my heater doesn't work.  Could it be that the pipes froze?  Could it be that my heater just up and said 'Look, now!  I thought I was moving to a WARM climate!  I'm leaving!!'  Hmm...  I normally have the heater set at 75 so that when I wake up, it's all nice and toasty in the house.  My bedroom is the coldest room in the house for some reason, but still......even if it's in the 70s, it's ok.  Today....it was 67 degrees IN my house.  Umm......to me, that's cold.  Especially when I planned for 75.  You know that feeling when you go to a restaurant and you order a chocoalte shake.......you're imagining that chocolate shake and all of its' chocolatey goodness, and the waitress brings it to you, and you take a big slurp of it to realize it's strawberry.  It's not bad...just not what you were expecting.  So, *I* wasn't expecting getting out of bed to freeze my tukus off.  Oh......I should mention......that my husband does HVAC for a living.  Heating, Ventilation, and A/C.  I don't need help with the A/C part of it, but come ON now.......::sigh::  Maybe I should just go lay on the floor next to the cat and share the sun spot with her?

2 comments:

  1. I like your idea, find a nice sunny spot and lay down with your cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!  75 degrees?  REALLY?  We have our heater set for 63 at night, 67 during the day.  How are you planning to deal with Alaska, you silly chick??  LOL!  

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....