Thursday, December 30, 2004

I'm late! I'm late!

                                              On the day I get the Top 5 Editors Picks, I get a late start.  That's like coming to college on your first day and showing up late or something....and having everybody stare at you as you try to find a seat.  Anyway...LOL...I got up SUPER LATE.  (I'm sorry, Jesse, but I got up at 11, and if the phone hadn't have rang, I'd probably still be asleep!  LOL)  

After all the talk about the possum carcass the other day, and me being glad to see the trash guys...they didn't take it.  Can you believe that?!  They just glanced in the garbage can and assumed only 2 full bags fit in there, so they grabbed the handles for those two bags and took off.  I was like 'wait!  TAKE THAT POSSUM!!!'  ::Amy runs down the street chasing the garbage truck holding a possum tail::  

AND THEN...more in the 'why does this stuff happen to me' category......  

Adrian had been out in the morning with his 'motorcycle'.  About 20 minutes into his fun...he came back saying it didn't work, so Ryan assumed the battery went dead and told me I should charge it.  I said 'ok, I'll wait for Dad because I don't know where the charger unit is...'  That was that.  Flash forward to me going out to the street to get the mail.  I glance in the street and think 'Hmm...wonder what that is...'  Upon closer inspection.....yep.....it was the battery to Adrian's motorcycle.  It had fallen out.  Better yet?  The GARBAGE TRUCK ran it over.  Splinters.  Smithereens.  Squashed.  Flattened.  Me and Adrian stood over it staring like we had never seena battery before.  ::sigh::  He says 'I don't know for sure, Mom...but I don't think it's going to work anymore.'  ROFLMAO......(he must get his deductive reasoning from Jesse)  SO...we'll have to go buy a new battery, methinks....   

I have a wicked craving for avocado, so I think we'll have nachos for dinner tonight so I can make up a batch of guacamole.  Avocados were on sale so I bought 6.  Gotta hurry up 'n use 'em....(of course, I could just eat them straight with salt...or on a tukey and mayo sandwich...or on a....did I happen to mention avocados are one of my most favorite foods?)

            

17 comments:

  1. oh, I love avacados...and good thing, no one else in my family does!  all  for me!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, never heard of anyone cravin avacados!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on being on the Editor's Pick list at #2. :)

    Sharon

    http://journals.aol.com/spurgins311/SLS
    http://journals.aol.com/spurgins311/LovingIt

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::Amy runs down the street chasing the garbage truck holding a possum tail::  

    :Upon closer inspection.....yep.....it was the battery to Adrian's motorcycle.  It had fallen out.  Better yet?  The GARBAGE TRUCK ran it over.  :
    ***************************
    OMG! I'm dieing with laughter! This sounds like one of my days! I'm so glad i found your journal.
    I've been offline a few days so i'm catching up here ;-)
    I'm sure i'm in for many more laughs ;-) You totally deserve to be the editors #2 pick! Congrats Amy!!
    HUgs & Blessings,
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh my goodness that sounds like a day in the life of me.  That is something that would have and could have happen to me.  I am laughing at loud.  Congrats on your editors pick.http://journals.aol.com/fuzslady/justme

    ReplyDelete
  6. IT  IS  A  VERY  GOOD   AND    FUNNY

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm always late to somthing to so don't worry your not the only one! Your cats are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on being picked. I like your blog.  Here's the link to mine if you get a chance to visit.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you!! Making editors pick this week...it is so well deserved, I love your journal :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wanted to give my shout out to the the fabola friend of all time who just happens to be Editor's Top Pick! I say to you: WOOT.
    And remember the little people.
    Remember the little people!

    ~Jaime
    http://journals.aol.com/chasenkids/CHASENKIDS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey there!
    Congrats on your journal being selected...!
    http://journals.aol.com/rantorama/Rant-O-Rama

    ps.  better LATE, than never!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I'll link to you in my favorite journals, now that you're famous.  Gee, I knew you when.

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on being picked! i am so proud of u!!

    linda
    http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
    http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on Editor's Pick! ~Dona

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that picture! LOL! Congrats on making Editor's Choice!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on making the editors pick!! I never made it through your first entry and I was laughing and clicking the alert button! I love when I find new journals worth reading!!! You obviously deserve the pick... so, enjoy your week and all of the craziness that will ensue!! <bg>
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Amy-
    I am so sorry that I did not congradulate you sooner. I just read that you were in the top 5 Editor's Pick. CONGRADS!! You totally deserve it and I love your journal. I have been just awful about keeping up with my AOL journal and other computer stuff the last couple of weeks. Oh well, I guess I can blame it on the holidays right?

    Again, congrads to you Amy!

    Schoolgal04

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....