Wednesday, December 1, 2004

School Song

As y'all may (or may not) know, we're a homeschooling family.  Recently, Ryan & I were joking about how we have named our 'school'.  Oak Lawn Prep.  (ummm..because we have alot of oak trees and a big yard...and I'm preparing them for adulthood, so..you know...it works...)  and we have a school mascot.  Yep, the Great Dane.  Ahh, yes, the regal Great Dane.  (who is currently licking himself on my sofa)  BUT, we had not yet decided on a school song.  Well, the other day, she came to me and said "I have it."  I looked blankly at her and said "O.K.....what do you have and should I be scared?"  She said "I know what our school song is."  She offered me her headphones and I put them on and burst out laughing.  So.......our school song is....PINK FLOYD – ( Another Brick in The Wall, Part Ii Lyrics )

2 comments:

  1. Hi Amy-
    Thanks so much for stopping by. You and I have so, so much in common! We both love animals, especially dogs better than we like people most of the time. And we both dream of living where there is snow, mountains and crisp cool air. I live in dusty, hot and crowded Las Vegas, NV. Of all the places I had to land, why here? I swear I am being punished...LOL. I am a native Nevadan, but I am from Reno. It's much different than here. My home one day WILL be upstate New York. By like Syracuse, Saratoga Springs or even the Catskills. Maine would be the best, but the real estate is outrageous.
    I laughed when I read the Pink Floyd entry, kids are cute! I am glad to hear you home school your family <Gayla is tipping her hat to Amy> Good job Mom!

    Happy Holidays,
    Schoolgal040 (Gayla)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know you had a great dane...I think they are so beautiful...maybe one day you can post a picture of him!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....