Tuesday, December 28, 2004

Thinkin'....

I usually write my journal entries early in the day....after I have some coffee and go thru email, but today.....today, I just didn't.  I was thinking.  I wanted to get the 'thinking' out of the way, before I wrote - because I didn't want to write some fluff when that wasn't really how I felt.  I've been feeling sad inside the past few days.  I mean, I've been enjoying the holidays and my family and friends (thank you to all of you who sent me e-wishes.....BTW), but....there's something just not right.  People just haven't been kind lately.  I've been seeing it more and more.  People talk about others in an unkind way, thinking it's funny.....or people flat out are rude to your face.....or there are little snips here and there....and it makes me wonder why.  It makes me...well...sad.  Am I that unrealistic that I think it doesn't take that much effort to be nice?  I mean, really.....the neighbor tried to gossip with me the other day (and what said neighbor was saying was NOT kind - in reference to another neighbor) and I just didn't know what to say, so I just stood there and said nothing.  In hindsight, I wish I would have said something, I'm sure she talks about me just as scathingly.  No wonder I like the company of my animals, huh?  The only time one of them is foul is when their food doesn't appear at the correct time in the bowls.  ::sigh::  I don't know......maybe I'm way too pensive today....

note:  I reread my entry after I wrote it and wanted to note that I did not mean to seem holier-than-thou.....I was just yapping out loud...  :-/

10 comments:

  1. you are right!  people are rude and sometimes it is very subtle!! and sometimes my animals are the best people to be with!
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. i agree...it happens here too...i just dont know why everyone cant be nice all the time...i know i sure try my best to be that way...i dont want to hurt anyone intentionally...thats just not my way...a very thought provoking entry...thanks!

    linda
    http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
    http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree with you more, people suck anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with a whole heart... people plain suck... and RUDE.

    ~Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  5. In all that I say or write, I would never want to say anything that would make anyone feel bad. if I have please forgive me. Sometimes I make speak before I think enouh. Your Tennessee Friends, Dad, Mary and Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, When tomato season comes, Mary and I will help you, Don't forget to call on us. Dad and Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yapping out loud...I think you are just telling it like it is.  Your people barometer is correct, but there are still those who promote kindness each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Its not you, its them....its true people are ruder than they used to be.
    I encounter it everyday. And it is sad and disappointing. Sometimes I think i was born in the wrong era.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Its ok Amy. you have to get what you feel out some how. you are right. people are very rude. we are losing all our kindness in the world today. but there are people out there who show kindness every day

    ReplyDelete
  10. And I thought it was just me!  As a slow Okie on the East Coast, I know all too well that some people just aren't very nice.  I don't care if it's a regional thing...everyone deserves a little kindness, and I consider it my mission to show these Easterners a little southern friendliness whenever I can.  I agree with you...how hard can it be?

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....