Friday, December 3, 2004

What's meant to be.....

::sigh::  A while back, we had decided to get two more dogs to add to our family.  One was a Mastiff and one was a Golden.  Knowing we didn't have much money to spend on purchasing a dog, we've been waiting - - knowing that the right dog would come along.  The other day, I saw an add in the paper for Golden puppies.  There were 7 of them, purebred, for $200.00.  An amazing price, I thought.  The person selling them wasn't out to 'make money' as much as he wanted them to go to good homes, I guess.  We called, only to find out that there were 2 left, but that people were coming to look at them, so the lady told us to call back in 30 minutes and she would let us know.  ::sigh::  My hopes were so high.  I should have known better, but I got excited anyway.  When we called back, they were gone.  I'm still feeling sad.......  how could you not instantly fall in love with this......

  

I know when it's meant to be, we'll find our new additions....but....... 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, my heart just sank when I read the ending of your entry...I'm so sorry...I can imagine the disapointment you must have felt. Have you tried your local animal shelter? We got our Minnie Girl from a high kill shelter...we spent under $20.00 which included the price of spaying her. She's a Chow mix and so beautiful...she has a wonderful personality. She's about a year old now...and I love her as much as I love my other dogs which I raised from puppies. You should go and take a look at the shelters...there may be a little pup there just waiting for you....and they do know that you saved their life...I truly believe that...I can see it in Minnie's eyes...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that really sucks :(  if I follow you home, will you keep me ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. (responding to highanxiety)
    umm..Howie?  You don't look like a Golden Retriever, sorry...
    ~A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a golden mix ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....