Thursday, February 24, 2005

Just checkin' in.....

Seems like forever since I updated, even though it hasn't been.  I've just been laying around, sleeping, snuggling with the kids (and pets) any chance I get, and hugging the hub just a little bit longer than I used to.    Yes, I know.  I've got to slow down this frenetic pace I've got going.  Seems like everything is always kinda foggy lately, though.  (OK...nobody make jokes about the drugs.  They stopped working two days ago.  Have I become immune or something?!  I had taken two percocets AND a flexeril, and I was STILL laying there.....awake.....at 3 FREAKING AM.  Maybe stress....too much stuff on my mind....blabity blabity blabity.....ick.) 

Jesse headed back to work today - after some time off.  I've been counting the hours of where he should be at what time.  After the accident, I feel like I need the security of knowing where he is all the time.  Luckily, he doesn't mind calling me at every phone he runs across.  

Alex has lost yet another tooth.  At the rate he's going, the DadFairy (oh come on....he's 13.  He knows there's no Tooth Fairy......although I wonder if Jesse minds being called a fairy.  <g>  Heh.....laughed at my own funny....although laughing in itself is not fun currently.) is going to go broke.  

I went in to see the doctor yesterday.  He says my lung is healing nicely and took out the stitches, although now I have a scar.  I was lamenting this fact to Jesse who tried to pull me closer....  (well...as close as he could with the both of us injured....we're a sad bunch at the moment...) .....and he said "Amy, I don't care if you have a scar that stretched clean across your entire chest.  That scar is what kept you here with me.  You should wear that scar with pride that you were thru Hell and came out just fine in the end......"  Awww......I know, we're sappy.  I guess things like this really do make you appreciate everything that you have and could have lost. 

We were like an old couple walking into the hospital....me all hobbling with my lame leg and him leaned forward cuz of his chest bruising....but still holding hands.    Has anybody seen that commercial for Zales with the old couple walking in the park and the young couple walks past them and then the young couple holds hands?  ...made me think of that, and I told him so and then we started laughing and I got yelled at for making him laugh.   

I guess that's it from me for now, but I must say.........I have an insanely wicked craving for a PecanBon. 

14 comments:

  1. sounds like  you are on the mend...remember to take it easy!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. thats so sweet ...hope you get your pecan bon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You hold hands forever! That simple gesture is very important. When you get as "old" as I am, you'll really "get it." So glad you're feeling "better." Have a pecan bun for me, ok? rich

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEs since the girls accident this month I mean just over the hill from our house. mom and dad live 1/8 mile away and just over the hill they were coming from there to here.  and now I cant put my jammies on till they are home I cant relax till they are home. I use to feel pretty comfy them coming from mom and dads. NOW it made me nervous!!!!!!! Funny how an accident does that to you. I bet you were one cute old looking couple coming in the hospital. I also have a scar from my accident on my lip in 94 and I dont like it. Todd says it is not noticiable but I say it is. Im just glad you two are there and okay. AND by the way Todd calles me every day when he gets to work to let me know he is there. We always call to let each other know the other has arrived. I remember when Todds first wife died. hearing that it took them till after 11 am to get to the house to tell the family. She had her wreck at 8 am. Its just so scarry. If someone were hurt I would want to be searching asap. Glad your posting. Cant wait to see more pup pics. Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear from you sweetie.  You and Jesse just hold onto each other as much as you can.  What you've got is real and you should be proud of it and protect that forever.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that commercial!   And glad to hear you both are on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to hear you laugh in spite of all the pain ;o) I love that commercial. When it was preggers with shortcake, it used to make me cry...lol.
    Accidents tend to make you look at your life more closely and see all those things that we usually take granted. So you and Jesse hold hands and be as sappy as you wanna be!! Don't worry about the scar, I have one on my right knee from my car accident in 94. I had 30 staples in my knee and the scar looks like the thread of a football. I can show ya, if ya wanna see it :o) But it's a daily reminder that mguardian angel was with me and protecting me.
    Hugs & Blessings my friend,
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am just so glad that u are healing well...how scary it is to hear that a friend of yours was in a bad accident and yet u dont even know the person in real time...its a strange feeling to say the least...so i am very thankful that u and your hubby are both healing...slowly...but healing...i continue to keep u in my thoughts and prayers...

    linda
    http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LifewithLinny
    http://journals.aol.com/lindainspokane/LinnysLuciousLickings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww... you guys are so sweet! Yes, having a close call sure puts everything in a different light and makes us see what is important... Hang on to that :)
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOL. I am glad to hear that you are doing great. And glad to see you home and well!
    http://journals.aol.com/dababysback/ReadAllaboutit/
    shannon

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bless you,that you can joke about it now. So glad your feeling better somewhat...Sorry the meds aren't working as well as they should. Try to rest that always seems to help. So happy to see you still have your sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Morning Amy. It sure does look good to see that journal again. We have missed you so much. Glad things are going a little better for you both. It's so good that you have one another at a time like this. Is it possible to smile at a time when we are suffering so much ? We can try.
                      Alway your Tennessee Friends, Dad, Mary and Princess.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Amy. I hope you are feeling better. Best wishes.
    Elisa

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amy, We hope that you are feeling better. We are missing those good Journals. Hope that you can talk to us soon.  Your Tennessee Friends. Dad, Mary and Princess

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....