Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter Fun - a day early

We had our Easter fun yesterday, when there was nobody at the beach and the weather was awesome.  Today...the weather was dark, cloudy, rainy....and people probably got rained on over at the beach.  We go to the beach for Easter every year....  It was really nice to be able to have almost the whole park area to ourselves.  We did cascarones - which are confetti filled eggs.  Last year, we were able to make about 8 dozen.  This year, we started late, so we only made three dozen.  The fun part is cracking them over a persons' head and all of the confetti goes everywhere - down the shirt, stuck in the hair (for days - even if you wash it), in the underwear...you name it...the confetti finds a way.   

I'm guessing in the excitement...Alex forgot which ones were confetti and which ones were hard boiled, cuz he clocked Ryan with a hard boiled one.  Alex was just there whacking her with it until she was like 'Ow!  That's a hard boiled one!!!'  hee hee....  

But.....it was a great time.......confetti, barbecue, beach, chocolate,  yada yada yada......  

Today, we laid around in the nice dry house and enjoyed our chocolate/sugar induced coma.   .......and we'll be having some KFC for dinner...  The kids are gonna watch the Incredibles; me and Jesse are gonna watch my favorite movie ever - Tommy Boy. 

Happy Easter to everyone....

14 comments:

  1. I especially like that last picture.  

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I had Wendy's for my big dinner...I hate cooking for just me!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I want to see the incredibles!!!!!!!!!!! NOW I want KFC thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!! LOL How do you make hte confetti eggs/??????????? YOU GUYS are killing me us here with 40's and clouds and rain. WE have not had any shorts weahter at all!!!!!!!!!! MAN that stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wann a come live with you. send me the email how to make confettie eggs. I LOVE YOur family pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that was a sweet pic of you and the hubby

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like it was a really fun day!  The pictures were great.  I've never heard of confetti filled eggs.  I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family looks so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to know how you make the cascarones!! I've never seen one...how do you get the confetti inside?? lol on getting whacked with hard boiled eggs..lol! silly man..

    Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love that movie!!!!! I watch it whenever I really need to laugh! lol* Glad to hear you had a HAPPY EASTER! :) Mel

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks like you had a real fun day, I am so happy for you all...........Jules xx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooo FUN!!! Confetti filled eggs?? never heard of that one..lol

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like an awesome day, and I loved the pics,thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Day after Easter to you too, yeah I'm late, get over it.

    Cascarones...sound cool!

    Tommy Boy, gotta love it!

    ~V~

    ReplyDelete
  13. Still laughing about the hard boiled egg being used instead of the confetti one! <LOL>
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  14. Our Easter sucked.  We had severe thunderstorms all day, so it was just another ho-hum day for us.  Was nice to be back in Sweet Home Alabama though!  Have not seen this much rain in the last three years of living in Colorado!!!  Hardly ever rained there!!!  Posted some new pics in my journal also, be sure to check them out!!!!

    http://journals.aol.com/Smjr43/Colorado

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....