Friday, March 11, 2005

                                                

Today has (so far) been a wonderful day of boys annoying each other to the point of insanity (on my part).  Of course, they'd sit there all day long and annoy each other.  I gotta start tuning them out.   

My sleep schedule.......is non exsistent.  I am still having trouble with being able to fall asleep.  I tried Tylenol PM (2 - which under normal circumstances, would knock me on my butt and I'd feel drained the next day) - which didn't work.  I tried Tylox - which was from when I had kidney stones, and they always knocked me out before, but obviously, my body has been through the gamut of drugs and is not impressed anymore.  Sooooooo.. after a call to the Doc, I will have some Vicodin (or Vicoprofin - thank you, Gayla  ) waiting for me at the pharmacy.  Hopefully, he will have also been kind enough to include a little sumthin sumthin, as we explained that whole not-being-able-to-sleep-thing was impeding my restful recovery.  We shall see what wonderful stuff I get.  

It feels GORGEOUS outside today.  I've got my windows open and the cats are laying in their Kitty Cups next to the window purring as the breeze passes them over.    I hope it'll staynice.   

Jesse has to meet with the girl who caused our accident today.  She said she wanted to pay for damages, so he's going to show her what the 'damages' actually were, and if she decides not to pay, then I guess it'll be court for us.  pfft.  I don't feel bad about the situation anymore.  Initially, I felt bad thinking that she was so young and how this would affect her, but after I thought about it more, and found out more information about her.....somehow I am not feeling so bad.  

Dinner will most likely be Long John Silvers tonight.  (Lent)  I'm not able to stand up and cook, and Jesse will probably be drained from all the stuff he's had to do today, so.....some fish 'n hushpuppies will be good.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry about no sleep; my ex-daughter-in-law (she has MS) has been mostly unable to sleep for six weeks, and has tried everything.  Vicodin does nothing for pain for me, just makes me high for about 30 minutes, then I get sick at my stomach.  LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope the new tablets work and you manage to get some sleep soon.........Jules xxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really need sleep to recover properly I sure hope you get something. Good luck withthe girl. Even if she agrees will she really pay???????? we are getting a lawyer for ours You wont believe what tricks this guy has pulled!!!!!! It stinks!!!!! people are so dishonest. Yeah the kids can really drive you bonkers sometimes. Tracy is 24 and Racahel 17 and they drive us nuts at the dinner table!!!!!!!!!!  GRR But I remember  a lady who had her baby in the car seat she said he was screaming she said she was saying Man I wish he woudl shut up. Then her car over turned and there was silence!!!!!!!!! she said the best thing to her ears was when he started crying again!!!!!!!!!  So Ikeep thinking okay they could be silent you know what that means. But yeah they still get on my nerves.  

    Im so jealous of your warm temps and sun. We are getting 2 inches and its blinding snow right now. !!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everythingn works out and that she pays for the damages...Yeah.. I'll be having fish tonight too.. mr gortons.. fish lol*

    ReplyDelete
  5. good luck with the girl and get some sleep girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comments on my Journal. I enjoy yours and Dad does, too. I am adding yours to my Favorite Journals. I meant to earlier when I started my Journal. Your picture under All About Me is lovely.
    Your Tennessee friends, Mary, (Dad and Princess, too)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better... I think AOL alerts are messing up again as I didn't even get an alert for your last entry :(  Hope the Doc fixes you up with something that will help you sleep. I do the insomnia thing EVERY time I can't work. Seems I need physical activity to be able to sleep <shrug>, so if I'm hurt or not working for some other reason I can just plan on surfing the net till 4 or 5... or 7am every night! <g>
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  8. i hope you get something to help...You heal better with rest....Glad to hear you appreciated the day thats a good sign!?  I hope so...God Bless you hope everything turns out ok for you.                            * Debbie*

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am sorry you are stillin pain!!!  If I were closer to you, I would come and give you a massage!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope the new drugs will help you out...especially with your sleep!   Hang in there!!  We have beautiful weather here too!  In the 80's...I like it!!
    Take Care of yourself!!
    Michele   http://journals.aol.com/samnsmile5/lettingitallsinkin

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....