Monday, March 14, 2005

Weekend Catch-Up

  Well.  

The weekend came and went.....  

First of all......I did pick up the 'script....for Vicodin.  I must say.....that I feel SO MUCH better.  It has helped me tremendously.  I know that it's healing and that's why it's feeling icky, but this medicine makes it much more tolerable.  I liken the discomfort to a rope burn....you know...that raw chafing feeling.  BUT.... gotta get a lil worse before it gets better, and that's ok....  

Jesse did talk to the <insert profanity here> girl about repaying us.  He got all information that he would need, especially as proof of how much she makes, so there will be no question of 'how much she can afford' to pay once this goes to court.  (Yeah, we all know how suddenly it can look like they don't make very much, don't we?) and all of that info.  She paid for the towing charges, as well..... and says she will be paying for the property (car) damages, so we'll see in the weeks/months to come.  .....and um...that's all about that for now.  

We went to the Florida Strawberry Festival this Saturday.  It was a lot of walking, but I was able to manage O.K. since I brought the pain killers with me.  It was a lot of fun... Of course, the animals were the highlight of it all.  I'm sure all the 4-H kids were looking at us like we were lame city folk as we fussed and cooed over the cows, but whatever....    One of the cows licked Ryan, and I don't mean just...licked...I mean the cow was trying to bathe her.  Ew.  ROFL  She instantly demanded a wet wipe.  ::giggle::  (I had packed a bunch in my pocket.....do I come prepared or what?) 

.....and the food was good, too, for a change.  Me & Jesse shared a philly cheesesteak and some deep fried mushrooms and onion rings - - and then got a big cup of boiled peanuts, the kids had corn dogs, cotton candy, and other 'fair food', and then there was random food as we were walking around.......  

We left with a flat of strawberries......    Yep...that's a lot of berries, but we love 'em, so I'm sure they won't last long.....  

...........and then Sunday was commissary day......where we spent way too much money (like always) but oh well...not like we won't eat it.....especially with the two bottomless pits known as my boys.  

Jesse also took the kids to the movies to give me a little 'me time'.    Yes, there I was...on the couch with my pizza and a diet coke...watching some movie that made no sense whatsoever (The Truth About Charlie), but it was OK, because Mark Wahlberg was in it, and as Emily knows...that man is eye candy to me.  <g>  (I was talking about Mark Wahlberg, but Jesse is eye candy, too.....you know...just for clarification, there....lol)  

........and that......was my weekend. 

Nice quality time with the family.  It was a good weekend.

5 comments:

  1. how are you feeling after all the walking around???Have you ever read this journal?  She was at a Strawberry festival a few days ago too>http://journals.aol.com/stronghands63/BarbarasRecordofThoughts/
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live just a few blocks from the Strawberry Festival... and still never made it over there <g> I was going to go on Sunday, but it was so beautiful out that I ended up spending the day at the barn with my horse.... Looks like you guys had a wonderful day. Hope you didn't overdue!
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had such a good weekend & got to get out for awhile!

    ~Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you had such a good weekend & got to get out for awhile!

    ~Tarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed a strawberry festival! Dear god have mercy! lol*

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....