Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Daily Ramble

                                               

Small Fry is sick.  He has a fever and a cough.  I blame Jesse for the cooties.  He's the only one who is around sick people.  (Him working at the hospital and all...)  Yesterday was particularly sad, because Small Fry didn't want to watch TV, he didn't want to do anything except lay there and stare off into space.  Aww...  

Most of the day was spent making sure he didn't get too high of a fever, give him meds, give him a bath, make sure he didn't throw up all over my bed....(oh yeah, I forgot that part.....he was throwing up, too)....  

But.....we found out he does not like.....liquid Tylenol.  He does not like chewables, either.  (OK...I'll agree with him.  Have you ever TRIED those chewables?  They're DIS-GUS-TING.)  Sooooooo...off to WalMart we went after dinner.  (Me, Jesse, and Alex, since Adrian was passed out and Ryan didn't wanna go)  We got some groceries to round out the week because we didn't do our usual commissary shopping binge...along with some Junior Motrin.  The capsules.  The kind you swallow with water.  Jesse raised an eyebrow and looked at me when I picked them up.  "What?"  I said.  He said "He's throwing up the other medicine and you're going to give him pills to swallow?"  I said "Trust me.  I know this kid.  If I give him a choice of which kind of meds he wants, he'll choose the capsules."  This kid is a pro at swallowing pills.  Ryan and Alex didn't acquire that skill til their teens, but anyway......I gave him the meds.  He popped 'em down like nothin' and then proceeded to tell me he wanted chicken nuggets.  Um.  Err.  Well.  "Are you sure?"  I said.  "You're feeling well enough to not throw up?"  He nodded his head, so I made him the chicken, which he ate and kept down.  Yay!  

He's up and around today, with only a little bit of a weird sounding voice (congestion, maybe).....so I'm happy about that....because dealing with a puppy and a sick kid is not that much fun.  No, really.  It isn't.  

In other fun.........CCD classes today for Alex.  I don't want to go, but I know I have to.  Heaven forbid that we don't show up for this class since it is the one before Confirmation.  His teacher would probably get in her car and hunt me down.  She called yesterday saying the Bishop was holding a Mass for the new Pope or something, but there was no way we were going to make that...and besides.....I was right in the middle of frying pork chops.  I would have needed a shower to get rid of the food smell first....(I know...ew)  

Adrian is asking me for a Krispy Kreme doughnut.  The ones I bought so I could make the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding that was on Paula Deen's show.....  Food Network: Bill Nicholson's Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding with Butter Rum Sauce .... hmm.....oh well...I'm sure it'll still be just as good with one less doughnut...and besides...he just looks so pitiful....  

OK, so I think I'm rambling...but I'm not going to go back and correct anything because I'm tired and you all know I occasionally make no sense and like me anyway, so blehh....  

Have a peaceful day, everyone!!

Update - I made the Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding.  Three words:  Oh.  My.  Gawd.  It's THAT good.  Who cares about all the sugar.....I'm makin' me another batch of this stuff!

9 comments:

  1. You sound like you are the one who needs to have a peaceful day.  Sounds like you need a "Calgon, take me away" time for yourself.  Hope your little one is feeling much better soon.  My pinched nerve is finally feeling better.  Was able to sleep last night without waking up to take pain meds.  That was a NICE change.
    Still praying for you to heal 100% and quickly.  God Bless!

    http://journals/aol.com/Smjr43/Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH I hate when kids are sick and you just cant make it better. Mommies always know pillsor what kinds of meds. I think it amazes men and others that all knowing thing about moms. Dont forget to get you some rest. I know the classes must be a pain but just keep thinking one more or what ever. Thegirls got two more all day Saturday CNA classes and I WILL BE so glad when they are done!!!!!! I hate this taking up our Satruday. I do not know if I will ever do this agian I dont know if they will. 8 to 5 and its finally getting warm. but they have had a teacher that has let them out on a pretty day a time or two. NOW about those doughnuts. I love Paula deen next to Rachael ray and Sara shes right there with them. Now I got to see that. Dang it. We are al dieting so good. AND passover is coming so no doughnuts either!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. feel better small fry!!!  hugs and kissses being sent forma distance!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. MM, sounds goooood!

    Sorry  Small Fry is sick...has my share of that this past winter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Small Fry is sick, but glad he is responding to the medication.  You are a good mom!  Now, pass me a bit of that bread pudding!  MMMM...
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. God, I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts!  That recipe sounds heavenly.

    Hope your little guy gets better quick...I bet the doughnut did wonders for him.  ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. omg!! krispy kreme bread pudding??? :0

    Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad small fry is feeling better ;o)  I would ask for that recipe but then I'd really be a glutan (sp?) for punishment! I really need to start working out again and I just can't get motivated!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....