Tuesday, April 5, 2005

The Interview

In my wandering through Net-dom, I happened upon this guy, Mike, of LarkFarm.com (<- link) and then of course, we all follow the links people put in the blogs.....hee hee...so then I followed to his wife's blog (OK, Dana, you've led me on a merry chase...first with 2 Frogs, then with....oh nevermind....hee hee) which is:  Note-It Posts.  (<- link) She's hilarious, outspoken, and she says what she means and means what she says.  Especially about little old ladies at WalMart.   <snort>  

SO - she's playing the Interview Game, and I wanted to play, too.  Here is my interview (along with Rules Of The Game).  Lemme know if you wanna play, too!  Doesn't matter if I know ya or not!   

The Rules:

Leave me a comment saying “interview me”. The first five commenters will be the participants. I will respond by asking you five questions. You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions. (Write your own questions or borrow some.)

My Interview:

Dana:  1.  You homeschool three kids.  THAT RULES!!  Wait, that's not really a question, is it? OK… hmm… what do you like best about homeschooling?

Amy:  Best?  Hummmmm...no fair.  There are SO MANY things I LOVE that narrowing down to the BEST thing is next to impossible.  Oh wait, who am I kidding.  The thing I like best is that we're not up at 5 AM waiting for a school bus.  I don't do mornings.  (The Hub will vouch for that.)  But.....the fact that I don't deal with bullies....and I don't make them do work that'll be useless in 5 years (yeah, admit it...how many of us really use algebra?)....and the fact that I KNOW my kids way better than I would have if I'd sent them to school is way up there.....and um...(should I shut up now?)

Dana:  2. Isn?t it so much more fun to shop for house stuff than to shop for clothes? Feel free to elaborate

Amy:  Yesssssssss.....::maniacal laughter::  ::cough::  what?  Oh.....house stuff.  You know....I'll be honest.  I homeschool (in case you didn't pick that up in the previous question...??), and I spend a good percentage of my time in pajamas.  Snazzy flannel pajama pants and a sexy white Hanes T shirt are my clothing of choice - cuz hey, we're a one car family - so I don't go anywhere, nobody really visits me, and if they do ....well...woohoo...check me out in my jammies......SO...clothes?  Eh.  I got what I need.  But HOUSE STUFF.......ohhhhhhhh myyy.....it's like a disease...a sickness.  I get a bunch of subscriptions to decorating magazines.  I get all excited when one comes in the mail.  I open it and zoom through pages to see what I like and how I can recreate it.  (Um.  on the cheap, of course)  I used to be into the Country thing (weren't we all...) and then my tastes dramatically changed.  Deep, dark, (dare I say it?) sexy.....wrought iron.  Blood burgundies.  It's New Orleans Shabby Chic meets English Manor.  I......err.....I may be spending too much time on this question. 

Dana:  3. Did you ever think of taking your weird squirrel on Late Night with David Letterman? He has a whole stupid pet tricks section, you know (or did, last time I watched it). Squirrels in my neck of the woods never do anything cool like that; they just tunnel under the horse pastures and lay traps for unsuspecting horses to break their legs in.

Amy:  No, and I'll tell you why.  I don't think I could catch and cage all 73 of them.    Really, the squirrels are different each day, and I don't think I could tell them apart.  (well...except ...you know....I can tell the boys from the girls, but....hee hee...)  I have no idea WHY the squirrels in my yard are so weird....maybe all the Wonder Bread makes 'em crazy?  Preservatives!  Yeah!  Err...no?  Wait...it's the PEANUTS!  (raw ones, please....no extra sodium for my little friends, ok?!)  At any rate, the little buggers are smart enough to come up and peer in my door if I don't haul out some food for them.

Dana:  4. Have you always been a poet, or is it a recently-developed skill?

Amy:  This is a recent skill, brought on by deprivation.  Do not, I repeat, do NOT let this happen to you.  Do whatever you have to do.  Hoof it a mile in the rain.  Sell a pint of blood, but do not let this happen to you.  It's not pretty.  I have three children that will vouch for this.

Dana:  And for the final question.....5. What one invention do you think the world would be best off without?

Amy:  This is a tough one, because the first thought would be Nuclear Power, but then I think...hey, you know...we could use nuclear power for good stuff, so that nixes that...and then my brain wanders to stupid inventions, like the Twirly Squirrel Feeder (yes, there really is such a thing.  Ask the guy at Home Depot.)...but that has some amusement value, so then.....hmm...ok.  I got it.  THE STUPID (and I don't use that word regularly) ENERGIZER BUNNY.  AURGH!  AAAAAAAAAA............I hate that thing...and any other little noise operated toy (like that damn monkey that claps cymbals when it hears a noise.....or those little 'flowers' that 'dance' when they hear a noise.....)  I know, it's not a rocket science type of answer, but I'm only on my first cup of coffee, so my brain capacity is somewhat limited.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Dana:  And this concludes our interview with Ms. Amy.....thank you for playing and have a nice...oh, forget it.  Get your butt out of my studio.  (I'm kidding...she didn't say this.  Well...not in my hearing range, anyway...)

8 comments:

  1. “interview me”.
    I got to see what about little old ladies at walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh fun!  interview me!


    Much Love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok.,..interview me!!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. me, me, pick me
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. interview me...next round!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I may end up regretting this... but I'm game. Interview me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awwwwwwww I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....