Monday, April 18, 2005

                                           

 Reflection

Look at me

You may think you see

Who I really am

But you'll never know me

Every day

It's as if I play a part

Now I see

If I wear a mask

I can fool the world

But I cannot fool my heart

Who is that girl I see

Staring straight back at me

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside I am now

In a world where I

Have to hide my heart

And what I believe in

But somehow I will show the world

What's inside my heart

And be loved for who I am

Who is that girl I see

Staring straight back at me

Why is my reflection

Someone I don't know

Must I pretend that I'm

Someone else

For all time

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside

There's a heart that must be free to fly

That burns with a need to know the reason why

Why must we all conceal

What we think

How we feel

Must there be a secret me I'm forced to hide

I won't pretend that I'm

Someone else

For all time

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside

When will my reflection show

Who I am inside

 

Lyrics from AZlyrics

9 comments:

  1. OH my God I have been saying this To Todd. I cant be myslef I feel like if others saw the real me they would not like me and I someitmes wonder who I am myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Man did this hit a nerve.  I'm determined to show WHO I AM INSIDE.  If I can't do this at age 62 the when in the world will I ever be able to?  Ok world look out.  If you don't like the me inside then the me outside will just have to deal with it.  THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the World fooled pretty darn good, myself too as a matter of fact.  Don'tt worry, one of these days the mask is coming off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked this...it's so true.  At my age I'm starting to think it's about time I let everyone know the real me.....  ;)  
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was a nice entry, Amy.  I like who I am inside most of the time, but I do have my moments where I don't like me very much and I don't think my family does either, lol, like the other day when I had a headache the size of Texas and I took it out on them!!!!!

    http://journals.aol.com/Smjr43/Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy
    What a thought provoking poem.  It was lovely and while I was reading it, I kept hearing the music I would set it to.  It would make a fabulous song.  I've been a reader of yours for a while and like the you that you have shown us.  I just started a journal of my own.  I hope you have a chance to visit it sometime.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. boy, can I ever relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely entry.........Jules xxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lyrics!

    Hmmm....maybe I should start wearing a mask too because I never gave a rats ass what anyone thought of me...I am who I am...if nobody likes me for who I am they can take a hike! lol I've been told by many that  I'm much too blunt than I need to be :o/   O freakin' well!  Guess some folks will just have to put their "big girl" panties on and deal....
    Love & Hugs!
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....