Monday, May 23, 2005

Day at the Beach

Sunday, I woke up to Jesse saying 'I feel like having steak and eggs!'  So, after I got my coffee and fed animals, I sat and watch him make breakfast.  While we were there in the kitchen, he says 'OK, so what's on the agenda for the day?'  Our choices included Commissary shopping, finishing the yard, or the beach.  So I said I could give up my fun (commissary) and if he wanted to finish the yard, I'd get stuff ready to go to the beach.  Then he says 'Hey, let's take the dogs!'  Of course, the regular part of the beach over here doesn't allow dogs (unless you wanna go to Dog Beach, but that's more of a drive), so we went to what's known here as Redneck beach.  It's basically the long expanse of beach off each side of the highway, but people can bring beer, their dogs.....all the rules don't apply to that section of beach.  We found a nice spot way down at the end andhad most of the beach to ourselves.  A few people had docked their boats nearby and one of them had a Golden.  Jesse was like 'Look...there's my baby in a few years!'  Dork.  Anyway, we horsed around...got a little sun....and basically tired ourselves out.  I don't think I've ever fallen asleep so quick in my life after laying down as I did last night.  I just feel sorry for Jesse that he had to get up early to go to work.  (and then he has to go do Home Depot tonight til 9 as well. Ick.  BUT...yay for us all.....he's putting in his two weeks notice!  Yay!!!  Y'all can't believe my happiness to finally get my man back from the Orange Overlords.)

13 comments:

  1. Amy, you have the most beautiful family!  I'm not talking about everyone's cuteness alone either, I just mean that overall ya'll have such a love for each other--it's just really special.  :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwwwwwwww I love your pics especially five and six and then when your son says fine MOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM LOL Man Our beach is so nasty yuck its a river ugh!!!!!!!!! we are talking of going to a lake that might be promising but funny the lake beaches dont allow dogs cause of poop. But hte dang ducks you cant walk without stepping on thier turds!!!!!!!!!!! Oh thanks for sharing i wnat a fun sunny whole day to do nothing. I wnat to go camping OH Man we cant go for atleat four weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I m so glad you had this nice day. That pic of you and JEss needs to be framed. OH Man so glad he dont have to work at Home depot. I never realized he worked there too!!!!!!!!!! where is my mind I cant retain anything this year lOL laughs maniacally lOL Im sick i tell you IM too far gone . But girl thanks for taking me on your mini vacation. Does Paco not swim???????? Sasha swims but Pepper and honey no way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you opted for the beach!  Sounds like an awesome spot too!  Beer and dogs allowed... that is where we would be too.  : )  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am soooooooo jealous you live near a beach.  I so love the beach late in the evening when the sun is setting and hearing the waves crashing on shore.  We have a free vacation we need to use up and come that way!!!! :)  Love the pics of your family and dogs.  That one is especially cute of Gordo napping with the towel.

    http://journals.aol.com/Smjr43/Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  5. So you had a "beachy keen" day!! Glad the job things over for Jesse. rich

    ReplyDelete
  6. domesticatedchicMay 23, 2005 at 10:16 AM

    Great pictures! :) Looks like a fun day at the beach! :) Melaney

    ReplyDelete
  7. hestiahomeschoolMay 23, 2005 at 11:38 AM

    I loved all the dog pictures!  Our last two dogs before we started rescuing Greyhounds were Goldens. They have the sweetest, most effusive natures. I adore them.  Our Goldie loved the water, too. They Greys have never been swimming. I'd be curious what they would do.

    http://journals.aol.com/hestiahomeschool/HomeschoolingJournal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just looking at those pictures was like taking a mini-vacation!  Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous pictures!!!! and look at you, sexy Momma!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too much fun!!!  Your pictures are great.  Loved seeing all them!
    CUTE!!!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanted to invite you to bring your kids and dogs to my parenting board!  We have other homeschooling and unschooling moms, as well as animal nuts (I'm guilty!  We have a 4 mo old GSD and a 7 mo GSD/Lab mix).

    I'm also a journaller and I saw your journal and thought I'd pass on the invite!

    Hope to see you there!

    www.mybeachhouseresort.com

    CJ
    www.mouthymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just followed the link you left me. Glad I did. We only have a 15 year old Border Collie now, but have kept a virtual Noah's Ark in the past. Will have to dig out some old photo's sometime and do an entry. It's great finding your journal. Thanks.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  13. alilcountrycharmMay 26, 2005 at 3:59 PM

    awww you guys look like you had such an awesome time ;o)
    I wish it were that hot here...I'm dieing to go swimming!
    (((HUGS)))
    Angel

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....