Sunday, May 8, 2005

just another Sunday....

Since we celebrated Mothers Day yesterday, I have today to bum about.  Jesse had to work today, so yesterday worked out better for us.   

I had originally thought it would be cool, because I could play on the computer all day.  But, of course, that wasn't meant to be.  My email still won't show up unless I go through aol.com, but um....yeah.....see....I'm in a few graphics groups, and graphics don't show up or save correctly when you're using aol.com, because it's 'webmail'.  I've talked to 2 Live Help techs.  I've cleared out my cache.  I've lowered and then raised my art/graphics cache.  I've restarted my computer many times.  I've done the AOL by Default option.  The Live Help techs are telling me there's nothing wrong with my computer that they can see by running a Computer Check Up.  YOU THINK I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT OPTION?!  I did that, too.  

Everybody elses' email still works, just not mine, so .....::shrug::  if you email me and it takes me forever to get back to you, then I'm sorry.  

So.....now I'm just bummed.  Talk about a quick way to bring a person down, huh?!  I guess I'll just end up doing housework. 

Update - well, here's a weird little snippet.  In my random clicking, I've found that while the whole box is blank, it does show that I HAVE emails...and if I click on each line, the email will come up/open normally.  Does that make sense?  Stupidest thing ever.....ugh...  could it be that I have a Blocker somewhere?  I'm grasping at straws now.... it's not letting me download anything though.....hmm..

9 comments:

  1. That's bizarre that everyone else's e-mail is o.k... and not yours. That means the computer is receiving everything and interpreting it correctly... So, it seems to me that the problem is on AOL's end... My only suggestion.. AND it would be a pain... Is back up your (and your family's) file cabnet. Delete AOL out of there, reload it, and then try accessing mail. If that works, try putting your filecabnet files back and see if you can access... Just a thought... Hope it works itself out soon!
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day, inspite of your computer woes. rich

    ReplyDelete
  3. alilcountrycharmMay 8, 2005 at 10:53 AM

    Happy Mothers Day to you sweetie ;o)
    Did you happen to change your mail setting or something? Sometimes the hyperlinks and graphics  in your mail won't show. When you open an email message see if you have a message in blue by the addresses that says show hyperlinks and graohics. Also Sometimes when aol is upgrading(i heard there coming out with AOL 10.0)  then screwy things like this starting happening. Wish I could help more...this stinks!!
    HUGS!!
    ~Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day!

    I am so sorry to hear about the AOL crap. AOL plays these games with me too. I hope you can get it fixed soon.

    Hugs,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try restoring your pc is all I can say or call the 800 # live chats never ever helped me I sure hope you get your aol fixed girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg you must be pissed...lol
    did you try it on someone elses computor?
    try going to aol.com with your IE and see if your mail works there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amy, so so sorry that you are having all that trouble, it happens to us also. We are thinking about, and we don't ever fail to read that interesting journal.

                        Dad and Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. How frustrating!  I hope you get this problem cleared up soon.  I'll bet you're ready to strangle any AOL tech you can get your hands on.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is entirely possible you may have some kind of virus.  There are hackers out there who love nothing better than screwing our computers up.  I kept having little quirky problems and finally broke down and called a computer company called Computer Doctors to come fix mine.  Call several and compare rates if you decide to do this.  They even came to me.  Bill was not too high at all like I expected it would be and now my computer works so much better.  They put a program on my computer like virus software called Adware SE to take off all the spyware folks attach to my computer.  It is much more thorough than my McAfee.  It is unfreaking believable how much spyware gets attached during the course of a day!!!  Hope it gets straightened out soon.  I KNOW how frustrating it can be.

    http://journals.aol.com/Smjr43/Colorado

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....