Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hmm....

So.  What've I been up to the last day or two...  the day before yesterday I made some Frosty Paws for the dogs, which they loved.... and I made some Lemon Zucchini muffins (recipe courtesy of Debbie...thank you, Debbie!) which the familia gave a thumbs up.  I was going to make some dog cookies, too, but I couldn't find my cookie cutters....  I need to go find some cute ones....

It's been raining for the past ....long time.  3 days?  4 maybe?  Who cares.  It's been incredibly enjoyable for me to have it dark and cloudy.  Add to that the fact that Jesse hung my drapes for me, and it's been nice and dark in my computer room.  Ahhh, the relief. 

Now then.....the rain.  Um....I went to take a picture of it yesterday.  I took a few pictures, from various viewpoints.  ::pause::  Err....  the story about my house is that it's very old.  Um....and the lady who lived here before us was old and eccentric and who knows what else.  When we bought the house, there was one feature I refused to touch or go near til Jesse took it down.  Keep in mind that I very much believe in supernatural occurances, ok?  The lady before us had a......well...hanging tree.  The...voodoo-esque kind....where you hang bottles onto tree limbs.  Do a search on it if you don't know what I'm talking about.  Anyway.....when I went to take the pictures...all of the pictures came out normal and clear.  Except this one.

This is my tree.....it's dark because of the storm, but...... orbs galore.   Things that make you go 'Hmm...'Tonight we're making tortas for dinner....  the smells of the roast in the crockpot is about to kill me.  Dinner is coming none too soon tonight, that's for sure....

10 comments:

  1. Mmmmm.....sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Those orbs are wild.. I totally believe in that stuff too.. as for frosty paws? What are those? Would love the recipe for homemade doggie biscuits.. I think my dog would love some of those.. :) Debbie always has some great recipes too.. I think even she used to have a recipe for doggie biscuits but I forgot to write it down...
    :) Hope your having a good day.. Mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family loves my zucchini bread with a cream cheese frosting.  I had lots of zucchini frozen in my freezer in Colorado where I had put it up, but I could not bring it with me, no way to keep it frozen, so I had to pass it on to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law. :(  We had tried it several different ways and I loved all of it, but the zucchini bread was our favorite!  Don't think I had ever eaten zucchini until moving to Colorado.  Now that is one more thing I must add to my garden.  Right now, we have bell peppers (ick), cucumbers, and maters.  Gonna plant some marigolds around them to help keep pests away.  

    My friend, Dana (pronounced Day-na) is into the supernatural, orbs, and all that.  She is always finding ghosts and orbs in pictures.  Some I see, some I don't.
    I don't WANT to see anything like that, as I have an overactive imagination as it is, lol.  

    What is in torta's?  We have our crockpot going too, but it has chicken and dumplings in it. :)  Banquet is cooking our supper tonight, along with the crockpot of course.   I have no idea what frosty paws are, but glad the dogs liked them anyway.   Hope you are feeling better.

    Blessings!
    Susan
    http://journals.aol.com/Smjr43/Colorado

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love storms...

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you enjoyed the recipe...I love cooking in my crock pot and do so very often...I find that it blends the flavors so much better because of the slow cooking...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also have experienced finding "orbs" on the odd photo and being a complete amateur, have put it down to the light reflecting on the lens somehow? It's annoying though, as it always seems to happen on the really good photos.
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey what are frosty paws. Im sure my dog will lvoe them.
    now your tree is very eerrie. I love old hosues had a dream about one but man I tell you its a  strange thing for sure when you go in them and see the relics and find out about things at times. I ll drink a maragarite for you tonight though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!  That is spooky!  I wonder why they show up in pictures?  I have a picture with some sort of spooky thing in it and it really bothers me.  
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. How do you make you own frosty paws my dogs love the store bought ones.  But I would love to know how to make my own.  Big Hugs, Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, to spend one day in your house.....

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....