Monday, June 27, 2005

Scalzi Monday Photo Shoot

Mr. Scalzi's Monday Photo Shoot is near and dear to my heart.  Not only am I a big fan of In 'N Out burgers.....I'm a big food junkie.  To enjoy the In 'N Out burger pic, go Here -->  By The Way...

Now.....for my 'picture of something that makes you hungry'

Hmm...now that I'm thinking about it......I may cajole the husband into helping me make some this coming weekend.....

addendum:  OK, I didn't realize how many emails I would be getting asking what the heck the picture was.  LOL  It's tamales.  Since we're a Mexican family, we make the ones with corn husks.  Other Hispanic ethnicities use banana leaves or even butcher paper....  They take some work to make them but once you get into a groove, you can knock out a pot like the one above in an hour or so... here's a recipe I just found off of allrecipies that has reasonable similarity to my recipe....All Recipes | Pork | Real Homemade Tamales

15 comments:

  1. Hot Tamale, Amy!  I think you're on to something here!  
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't mean to be dumb, but what is it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. how do you make this????????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stared at the pick for a good five minutes and can not for the life of me figure it out.  Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. so interesting, I had no idea what it was until you explained it!

    ~  www.jerseygirljournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried your dish or any Mexican food :(
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  7. As I hang my head in shame, I respond to your picture.  I have had tamales...sort of.  I have had store-bought tamales, but really, REALLY want to try "real" tamales. Dang, what a wonderful food.  Can I come visit?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Sweetness.  I'm on Oxycontin and that pic looked like mummy femurs to me.  My boyfriend is Mexican and he loves gringo fast-food like McDonald's and KFC.  He's also almost 300 pounds, but I love him anyway.  At 6'6", he can carry it pretty well.  Almost.  

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is it , it looks like tree bark to me, lol................Jules xxxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you ever make chicken ones. Since we dont eat pork I woudl like to make some chiecken ones./??????????

    ReplyDelete
  11. hestiahomeschoolJune 29, 2005 at 6:14 PM

    SO COOL!!!  I made tacos tonight for dinner, but it would be so cool to make tamales with the corn...yummy!!  Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH.  MY.  GOD.  I love me some homemade tamales!!!  Too bad I don't cook...

    ReplyDelete
  13. My boyfriend is Mexican, and his Mom makes the best homemade tamales: My favorite are the chicken ones with salsa verde. Yum. But they're all good.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I glad you said what that was cause I was wondering.  Nicki

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....