Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Blah blah blah....

  I FINALLY got the armoire last night.  Yay!  After my macho man and the neighbor guy went and got it, and carried it into my house, I sat there thinking 'Man, I better pick the right place for it the first time, because Jesse is not going to be moving it all around for me just cuz I don't like it in one place or the other....'  LOL    

I've been a busy bee lately....mainly because a few nights ago, Jesse and I were talking about moving, and he said to me "Well, honey, you're just going to have to wait and be patient, because the things that need to be done are things that only I can do.....'  I thought to myself "MY <another name for hindquarters>!  Tell me I can't do it....  I don't think so.....don't know what he's thinking telling me....'  What I said was "Oh."  The next day I went out with a crowbar and took down the whole damn fence that needs to be replaced.  He came home, saw it, looked at me, and I said "I told you I wanted to hurry up and move."  Pfft.  (But I'll whine now....it was soooo hot and I was all sweaty and ickyyyyyyyy......)    

anddddddd.......Ryan primed the bathroom to be repainted.  The bad part is.....I don't know what color I want to paint it.  I'm thinking burgundy, but I dunno.  Thoughts, anybody?    

To conclude today's entry, I'll put in some 'Awwww Factor'.  I was sitting at my desk doing bills, and Adrian comes up to me and says 'Mom...are you gonna make lunch?'  I said 'Yeah, but after I finish with the bills.....d'you think you can wait that long?'  He looks at me with this pitiful face....  so I said 'Son, I haven't had breakfast....and I'm able to deal for a few minutes longer, so I think you can, too...ok?'  He says 'Yeah...ok' and goes off.  About 5 minutes later, he comes in with a big bowl of ice cream, saying 'Here, Mom...I got you something to eat cuz I didn't want you to be hungry....'  Heh....I looked at him and said 'Do you want some for yourself, too?'  ('cause youknow most kids would be all 'Yeah, I'll make some for mom and I can get some, too...' ) but he said 'No....I can wait for lunch....eat your ice cream.'  AWWWWWW.  That smile will last me all week.

9 comments:

  1. OMG....that is so sweet...did you have a lump in your throat after that? I could nearly cry that was so touching!! I love those moments with our kids...just priceless :)

    http://derasta.bravejournal.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I found you through Hestia Homeschool.  I think.  I am planning to homeschool too so I started reading you.   I say that because someone commented in my journal today and I have no clue who they are and where they are coming from.  So, that said,  You go girl tearing down the fence!  
    Is the bathroom big?  If so burgundy would be good,  if not it would make the room look even smaller.  Sweet boy, bringing Mommy a treat.  I love when my girls are sweet just for the heck of it.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S.  That is a GORGEOUS armoire!!!  I'm soooo jealous!!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I love burgundy, I do know that darker colors make smaller rooms look even smaller, if you are planning on selling, you might want to go with an antique white against the white because it is neutral and will match anything for the new owners.

    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/entries/1438

    My dining room is painted three-tone, with the beadboard a lovely country green, the trim is all white, and above the beadboard is antique white because I like a contrast.  Personally, I love your bathroom just the way it is!!!! :-)  I would paint it the same if it needs painting.  You can click on the link above and go to the pics of the dining room where it was remodeled to see how the antique white looks next to the white.  I am meaning leave your beadboard white and above where the real pretty green is, do that antique white.

    That is why I never get any work done because my animals are always laying on top of the monitor and/or printer distracting me!  Bella is beautiful.

    Awwwww!  Adrian is a little doll.  How could you turn down that ice cream?????  I'll bet you ate every bite, didn't cha??????  Ice cream, oh yeah, maybe I need to go fix me some of my Blue Bell Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough.........mmmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that armoir its beautiful. Girl you sound like me going out and wahcking that fence down that would so be me do not tell me I cant do it. I love burgandy and navy. so that sounds great in the bathrooom Burgandy does That is such a s weet story for your kids man gotta keep that one forever. I love it when they are young.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Armoire!! And for the bathroom...Peach, accented with white is lovely..

    Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving that armoire!!  Just gorgeous and what a deal!!  Looks so nice there too!  I am with ya... never tell a woman she has to wait for a man to get something done!  Hope your back isn't hurting after that one though!  I have to paint my bathroom too and I just don't even know what color.  Everything in our master suite is burgundy and hunter green and gold here and there.  A little plum/magenta pink accents and beise too here and there.  I have no idea what to do yet.  I'm actually thinking of leaving my bathroom white and just doing a better coat of paint... more durable... more washable... and just putting a border up sometime... someday.. maybe.  How adorable... bringing you ice cream for breakfast!  That is sooooooo sooooo sweet!!  Hugs,
    Lisa

    http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/  

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the armoire, looks great in your house. That was sooo sweet about your son and the ice cream that will hold a place in my mind of what great kids you do have and that they think about Mommy too bcause mine dont they take food right out of my mouth lol. YOU GO GIRL! Show you man you can do anything he can do!!
    Oh on the subject of the bathroom I'm in the same place as you bcause I painted our bathroom a sky blue and now I want to repaint it again and I dont know what color I was thinking a darker blue but I went and picked up some paint strips and I found a blue color I like called roller coaster blue but its liter than I wanted but oh well. I think I'm gonna start that when my kids go back to school Sept 7th.
    Well I need to get myself to bed have a good nite and let us know the next plans in redeocating your house and yard lol. Have a good one take care, keep in touch your friend Sara

    ReplyDelete
  9. A word to the wise - I have set to and done the "jobs that need doing" many times in the past, but there's a catch: It won't be long before hubby says "you could do that"! Be warned. I learnt the hard way. Keep laughing.
    Sylvia
    http://journals.co.uk/sylviam4000/JottingsfromtheSticks/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....