Monday, August 1, 2005

<interesting subject goes here>

Where the heck have I been.  Hmm....  I've felt kinda...out of it the past few days....  like I should be DOING SOMETHING instead of what I usually do....which is a lick and a promise to the housework, and muddle around online.  I know I've not been visiting everyone lately (sorry about that!  y'all know I love ya, though!), either.

Do you want to know what I've been doing?  Teaching Adrian to read.  Training the DOG (MY dog?  heh... although I do notice there is much more impact if I'M disappointed in him rather than Jesse.  Maybe because I'm the mama and Jesse is 'not the mama'  hee hee)).  Cooking.  Baking.  Baking?  wth?  Yeah, baking.  I made Jesse a pineapple upside down cake (his favorite) from scratch.  I made a bundt cake from a Funfetti cake mix.  Just call me Lil Miss Domestic, right?  (ok, the picture makes it look not so good, but holy moly, it was awesome.  I LOVE allrecipies.com)

I've been reading this --> http://centertao.org/ , too.  This board is run by the homeschooling family that was on Trading Spouses not that long ago.  I liked them from the get-go, but reading the board they have makes them even more likeable to me.    

Maybe I'm trying to get 'deep' and find some more satisfaction in my life?  Heh....maybe.  Who knows.  (not me, that's for sure....LOL)  I'm off to go listen to NPR.  (BTW, Wendy.....the entry you did about Thinking was too damn funny....NPR...LOL)

9 comments:

  1. I think that looks pretty good!

    http://www.weightlosspalace.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love pinapple upside down cake yum yum and girl you are missed when not online. But its a good thing you havent been to my joural that very scarry pic of me at 200 lbs would make you never want to come back. But I hope it encourages people to stick to thier diet. Man I need ot get some housework done too. I need to kick off line for a day or two

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pineapple upside down cake looks delicious and everyone knows how to make one that I know except me.  I better get my but in gear and do some baking soon.  I did make a delicious banana bread the other week.  I'd rather be on line than cleaning or working too- see, what am I doing?  My husband will be so mad at me... and tonight, the first night for back to school- it's going to be school form filling out fun and more headaches for not one, but three kids!  Gee, I almost want to home school and try to run a biz at the same time (no- not really).  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looked yummy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where's my slice? lol
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Oh, do you remember the show --gosh, it must have been at least 15 years ago-- with the dinosaurs? The little dinosaur would hit his Dad in the head and yell "Not the Mama! Not the Mama!" <snicker>
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind

    ReplyDelete
  7. The pic looked kinda gross, hon.  But I'm glad it tasted good.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is hard to juggle your schedule to get everything done.  I am interested in so many things.  Just missing a few days of being online and I have soo many journal entries to catch up on... but I love reading the journals.  It is my quiet time alone with friends here.  The things you have been doing at home are important to you and your family so enjoy and don't feel guilty.  EVERYONE appreciates goodies baked from scratch.. so I know your family doesn't want that to stop!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Man, I love pineapple upside down cake.  Looking at it is making me hungry!!!!  I am running behind too so you are forgiven.  I just thought you did not like me anymore. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....