Thursday, September 1, 2005

Dreams, Discomfort, and a heavy heart

  I had a dream the other night.  Very strange dream.  I'm not going to go into it because there'll someone out there that says 'What a freak.' so if you know how to analyze dreams or if you wanna know about the dream, email me.  I know, surprising that I wouldn't talk about it since I yap my trap about almost everything, but it seemed profound, so...  ::shrug::    

I'm planning on seeing a doctor soon because I'm still in very much pain in my neck and my knee especially.  Someone had said 'Oh....I don't hear you talk about it anymore - you must be doing pretty well, huh?' but sadly, no, I'm not.  It's just that nobody wants to hear a person whine about their pain all the time, so I just suck it up and deal, myself.... but it's come to a point where it is hurting more and more, so I will go see if anything can be done.  When we were talking to the lawyer, he said 'Even though I'm not a doctor, I know that things should start to be feeling better by now, so you really should get seen, at least to know.  You may be disabled and have irreparable damage to your knees and there you are walking on them and making them worse, you know?'  which is true.....so we'll see.    

Katrina.  ::sigh::  I have family in Mississippi....right close to Biloxi.  Until a day ago, I didn't know if they were alive or not.  Thankfully, my brother was able to find out - who knows how, considering phone lines and cell phones are not working, but everyone there is ok and the house is still standing.  But....he said not everyone was so lucky.  Flooding, bodies floating in the street, entire neighborhoods and landmarks just....gone.  No power...no phone....no way to comfort anyone....which is hard for me.  When we went thru the hurricanes here, we were only out of power for a few days.  It's going to take so much longer to repair the damage from this.  and there's another one brewing in the tropics?  I don't know how much more I can deal with, and if *I* feel overwhelmed...imagine what everyone in that general area feels.  ::heavy sigh::

11 comments:

  1. ..heavy sigh indeed..me, too Amy...it's all so heartbreaking. Take care of you, get on the mend.  E

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, two things: first, your lawyer's right.  You may be doing more damage to your knees if there's a problem that needs fixing.  Two, oh, email me your dream.  C'mon, I posted all about mine!!  Actually there were a couple more, but I just couldn't bring myself to write about them, not because they were weird (hey, it's ME, weird is a given) but because I'm barely functional.  Katrina's got my mind and heart really....ripped up.  Ridiculous dreams (that I'm pretty sure aren't profound) don't really have a place in my thoughts right now.  (((Amy)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is an awful thing, indeed.  I cried watching a news report last night about it.  It gets to me.  What makes it worse are the looters,  and then there are the scam artists trying to get people to send money to fake websites, just to line their pockets.  I swear there is going to be a special place in hell for people like that.  It would take a cruel person to try and profit off of someone elses misery.  We must band together and do what we can to help our brothers and sisters in need during this awful time.

    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know, I don't think anyone would think you were a freak for your dreams because I know for myself, I've had some real winners!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First of all, DEFINATELY go and get your neck and knees checked out soon!  No need for you to be in pain like you are and your attorney is correct, you could be harming yourself more by trying to suck it up and deal with the pain.  I hate docs, so it takes a lot for me to go to one, but with the pain you are describing, I would be going that's for sure!  Dreams are never stupid or something for people to call you a "freak" about.  They are the subconcious' mind telling us something.  It may not be in the form you want it to be in, but you need to "listen" to your dream and figure out what it actually means in your real awake life.  I am happy to hear that your family in Mississippi is okay.  That must have been such a relief!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes my neighbor sure seems to be dealing with pain from the accidnet and her person that hit her had no insurance.  ahigh school boy. she finally had an mri done and shes got big problems. Now about hte hurricane. whats bothers me worse is the way people are reacting. the looting and the hurting of others. I mean I can understand taking water from a store. I can understand food. But jewlery and big ticket items and the fighting. Its shameful instaed o f sticking together they are making it worse. I know not all are. But those who are not are scared becuase of those who are. So scary. I pray for peace for all those there. Its so sad. how they are hurting the earth and the ora out there by putting all that bad out. Its sad.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had some very profound dreams, too.. they can be very weird feeling, huh?? Geez, you are still in pain? that bites :( I agree with the lawyer..go get it checked out..i sure do hope you feel better soon.. I'm also glad you found out your family is o.k..

    Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you do need to get checked out again...there's no reason to continue with the pain.  You need a definitive answer as to what is wrong...don't suffer any more.

    I hope your family is hanging in there and getting through this.  It's so sad to see and imagine what is going on for everyone involved in this devastation.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. That has to be the saddest thing Ive ever seen.
    The clips from the media just break your heart.
    Im glad to hear your familys ok and ill just keep praying for the rest of those poor souls.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amy
    I'm so glad your family is safe.  Good news, there!  On the other hand, I'm sorry to hear your pain is not going away.  Good luck with the doctor, I hope he can help.  Take care!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have family in Gulfport and Biloxi, too...no one has heard from them yet.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....