Monday, October 10, 2005

   

Last week I had ordered some books from Amazon.  When I was ordering one book, it comes up with the 'If you like this book, you may be interested in that book, too.  Order it for $ ___ less!'  Yeah sure, ok, whatever.... I got both books.  They were both on self reliance and all sorts of homesteading type stuff.  I received one of them a few days ago, and set to reading it.  Well, a day or so ago, I was in bed reading it and Jesse came in the room, looked at me and said 'Err...what's wrong?'  I said 'I have just learned more about where my meat in the supermarket comes from than I EVER wanted to.'  Needless to say, I don't think I'll be raising my own food, OK?!  eesh.  Yes, fine, let me be one of those people who thinks all the meat in the supermarket just magically shows up in its' nice neat packaging, alright?!  Gahhhhhhh....  

We went to WalMart this weekend in search of a knee brace for me, and found one that was hinged - which means minimal movement.  It's been a little strange to get used to, but I'm hoping it will help.....along with plopping a heating pad on every night.  While we were there, Ryan found a black sheet set, along with other various goodies ~ so WalMart got a good chunk of our money.   Of course, when I went in there, I knew the TWO things I needed to look at and/or buy.  I went in there for a knee brace and teeth whitening.  As soon as I got in there, everybody started yapping at me to look at this, that, or the other and I totally forgot about the teeth whitener.  I even WALKED RIGHT PAST IT TWICE!   

We also went to Sears to go buy a headboard for Ryan, only to find out the one we wanted wasn't in stock.  @@  SURPRISE!  We got the SKU number, though, so I guess we'll call a couple other stores to see if it's in their stock or not.  I was also planning to go to Sticks and Stuff (furniture store) to look for a daybed/couch and a coffee table, but that didn't pan out.  I had thought we'd go after grocery shopping, but the grocery shopping was a long ordeal, it got late, and my knee was killing me so......something to do next weekend, I guess...  

We colored Ryan's hair last night (with hair colored purchased at WalMart @@) burgundy, but since her hair is dark, it didn't show up as obvious as she would have liked, so now she wants to strip it and then recolor it.  Again, something to do next weekend...  Man, can I just have a nothing-to-do-nobody-wants-to-go-anywhere weekend, please?!

9 comments:

  1. That's a good way to diet, just think about where the food came from first!

    http://journals.aol.com/derasta/MyBigFatGreekLife/

    ReplyDelete
  2. when you have kids, there are never a noting -to-do-nobody-wants-to-go anyhwere  weekends...I miss them!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah I hti walmart and lowes today along with big lots and court house. I hate busy mondays as bad as weekends. Becuase I need to rest on mondays from busy weekends lOL Yeah i got these backyard magazines you get at walmart they are nice I love the homesteading stuff. Hey IM getting ready to go red with my hair I got two colors light and dark just cant decide lOL  I got a great deal at lowes a hunter cieling fan for 90 bucks was down to 60 and I talked them down to 35. thanks to my aunts hlep. good deal since my livnng room one went out. hope the knee brace works know what works best.????????? its if everyone does everyting for you while you lay aorund being fed bon bons like all homeschool moms and dont forget to watch your soaps LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try a poultice made from stinging nettles and comfrey chopped up and heated in olive oil for your knee. Thats what the Romans did in ancient Britain, and I guess it still works. However I am sure you could find a comfrey beased ountment in a health food store that may do the trick. Or, try rubbing ginger oil mixed with olive oil into your knee.

    Cathy.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. How weird....you went to Wal Mart, I went to Wal Mart....you spent too much, I spent too much.....your daughter colored her hair, mine colored her hair....but as of right now, my knee seems to be feeling fine. LOL. Yeah, I prefer not to know how my meat gets neatly shaped into patties and wrapped for my convenience. I like to think that somewhere there is a hamburger tree....;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I saw a television show about meat, I became a semi vegetarian. I only eat organic chicken breast now. I was so grossed out.

    Wonder why organic costs so much more when they don't have to use all those chemicals and stuff? Just something I have always wondered about.

    ***Monica

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll just put my order in now along with yours for a nice nothing to do weekend also!  It's so needed.  Man I can't wait til cheerleading coaching for me is over and football too for the boys.  Sounds like we could both us some knee surgery.  Ugh.  Rob is hobbling and in so much pain.  I'm feelin' for you.  I am worried about all that therapy and if his knee will ever be right.  He says it goes from burning to numb to swollen but always the constant pain and throbbing.  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darn Walmart does the same thing to me every time!  Takes my money and makes me forget the real reason I was there!  I tried that burgandy color on my hair too, it only shows up I think if you are a blonde or if you are standing in direct sunlight.  You can strip her hair by mixing the developer (the white stuff) with shampoo, putting it all over her head (don't wet it first), put a plastic baggy over her head and let it sit for about 25 mins or so.  Then she can wash it out and the color you just put on will be stripped off.  I would wait about a week though to put new color on top of that.  Don't need her to go bald!  Glad to hear that you were able to get the brace for your knee.  Anything that works is a good thing!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. And I thought I was the only one who went in Wal-Mart (usually with a list) and come home without what I went in there for, but with everything else!  ROFL.

    Blessings!~
    Susan
    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....