Monday, November 21, 2005

blah blah blah and then blah blah blah...

What am I doing today.....  

Well, for starters I need to put the turkey in the fridge so it can start to thaw, which means cleaning out the fridge to make room.  Blehhhhhh....  

The dog......is fine.  I was emailing with Lisa, telling her I thought he got into the trash or something, but...we narrowed his barfing problem down to one thing.  Flea product.  We use the Frontline/Advantage/whatever stuff on Paco and it works well for him, but it's never worked for Gordo.  As a puppy, when we put it on him, he would get sick, throw up, and then the flea stuff wouldn't work, so we thought it was just that he was growing so fast as a puppy, that his metabolism made everything wonky, and we stopped putting it on him.....and just used this Aadams spray that works really well.  But, you have to wrestle the dog down and then spray him, which may or may not be fun depending on how you look at it.  Anyway, we decided that we'd give the Frontline/Advantage products another try on him.  No deal.  The day after we put it on, the dog reeks.  I mean 'Ew, dog...go away!'  and then 2 days after that, he barfs.  All day.  Our thought is that he's barfing out whatever absorbed into his system, because after he barfs, he doesn't smell funny.  So.....  yeah.  I bet y'all are stunned into silence by my fascinating Dog vs. Flea saga.  Heh.....  

What else...oh yeah....ok, so I have always longingly read Debbie's entries about her making spanikopita, because Ryan and I LOOOOOOOVE it.   But.....it's usually just me and Ryan who are willing to eat it....Jesse will eat it cuz it's food, but eh.... so I just don't make it.  BUT..... I found a recipe (on Allrecipies, methinks) for Spanikopita Muffins.  Oh.  My.  Goodness.  Fabu....  really.  Make them.  MAKE THEM!  You need the vitamins spinach has anyway!!! 

Here's the recipe:  

Spanikopita Muffins  

1/3 C canola oil

5 green onions (chopped)

2 eggs

1/2 C milk

2 C all purpose flour

1 Tbsp baking powder

2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill

1 tsp. dry crumbled oregano

1/2 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. garlic powder

1 10oz pkg frozen chopped spinach - thawed and drained well

7 oz feta cheese  

Preheat oven to 375.  In a pan, add 2 Tbsp of canola oil and saute the onions until the begin to brown.  Let cool. In a bowl, beat eggs until foamy; blend in remaining canola oil, milk, and sauteed onions.  Add flour, baking powder, dill, oregano, salt, and garlic powder.  Beat until smooth.  Stir in spinach and feta cheese.  Spoon into non-stick (or well greased) muffin tins.  Bake 20-25 minutes.  

My side note to this is that they were really good with a smear of butter on them....so I might use melted butter in place of the canola next time.  Also, I sauteed my onions in olive oil , and then used canola for the rest of the recipe.   If you make them, let me know how you liked them.  I couldn't believe the easiness (??) of this recipe.....  

Dinner tonight is going to be rice 'n hamburger (which is basically cooked white rice mixed with cooked hamburger and a package of Onion Soup Mix.  Everybody loves it and it's easy...) and some cheesburger muffins.  What.....so I'm on a muffin kick.  :-P

I guess that's it for me....I'm off like a dirty shirt, y'all 

13 comments:

  1. Okay, it sounds yummy, but what the heck is feta cheese?  Is it with other cheese's in the supermarket?  You know me girl, I'll try anything once. ;-)

    I understand the flea/dog problem, believe me. Sheesh!  Hope you find something that won't affect him so.

    Blessings!~
    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that recipe sounds yummmy very yummy. I put my turkey in my fridge the one I just put out in the garage for the nw one LOL which happens to not be plugged intill hubby get shome and figure out where to put it lOL Pepepr is funny he cant have any vacciantions but rabbies and he can only use sergants flea stuff downt  he back. we have to be very careful what we put ont hat baby. He even has siezures. I had to geth him foods iwht no by products in it. The by products are the diseased parts of human food taht the dog food companies feed our dog!!!!!!!!!!! and cats UGH no wonder they get illnesses good greif. evne expensive foods have by products in them funny the cheaper ones dont. anyway we have to be careful with pepper glad your fur baby is a okay

    ReplyDelete
  3. you lost my family at the feta cheese and the spinach...and it sounds like tooo much trouble to make for just me!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now you know, I must try those muffins...they sound great and will most likely be a staple in this house!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i never knew dogs could be so allergic, I guees they really are just like us.  glad you got it narrowed down.  My dog was acting funny last night but I seen why this morning, he did get in the trash out back last night so no wonder the poor guy was moaning and groaning.  serves him right but I doubt it will stop him the next time.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your theories on dog flea products are making bells ring. I've experienced the same problem with my lollie, but thought it was my imagination.
    Take care.
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's me again - I meant Collie not lollie lol!
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So can this Stinkini stuff be made in the microwave???  hee heee   (Just paying you back for "Mandy")

    xo,
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing the recipe and I love the title... blah blah blah.  Can I borrow that sometime?  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had a kitten almost die from Frontline...it really seemed to poison him...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you found something that would work for the dog. Maybe the vet has some stuff like Frontline that would prevent you from having to sumo wrestle the dog down? :-)

    And what in the heck is Spanikopita? Just a question from the nondomesticated female over here.

    -Raven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for toe the recipe I will try it and let you know
    Happy Thanksgiving. Love, Marina

    ReplyDelete
  13. Recipe sounds way too healthy for me!  LOL!  Glad you figured out the barfing problem!  My dogs STILL have fleas and it's already the end of November!  What's up with that?!  I thought they would be disappearing by now, but nope, not yet.  Sigh.  Frontline never worked anyway on any of my animals (2 dogs, 6 cats), so I have to bathe all of them once per week.  No fun at all, especially doing all the laundry with the towels alone!  But the dogs do like to be blown dry and brushed!  Hee-hee!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa who still misses her Giles and will be giving him a bath immediately upon his return from that nasty place!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....