Sunday, November 20, 2005

Come on, Get Happy

 

Some days you just think 'Was that REALLY necessary?!'    

Jesse has been home all week recovering from the hernia surgery, and it has been healing really well.  He was saying he would be able to go back to work and actually do more than he thought he would be able to (and the doctor gave him the o.k.).  But.... yeah, somebody always has a big but, don't they??!?!?!?!  But, he came hobbling into the computer room this morning, almost in tears.  He ripped the crap out of a muscle in his back.  Say it with me.  'Oh, come ON, now!!!'  Anyway, I sent him back to bed with a muscle relaxant and a heating pad, and then patted him to sleep.  Hopefully when he wakes up, he'll feel better...... that poor man has had enough.    

Oh....and the dog is throwing up.  So, I'm walking around with the Lysol on my pants like I'm ready for a gun fight.  He doesn't seem sick, though, which is good..... so I'm guessing breakfast didn't set right with him or something.    

As for me.....my plans had included a little shopping here and there - Home Depot for some paint (the bathroom is almost done!), a couple pillows from WalMart, blah blah blah, but I guess I'll be staying home playing Nurse.  That's ok, though, because stuff needs to be done around the house anyway.  Laundry, dishes, and hey, I might even break out the sewing machine.  I found this AWESOME fabric at the thrift store the other day, so I'm thinking I may make a curtain for the bathroom window....  although I am getting tired of house projects.  My PSA for the day is 'Don't Buy A Fixer Upper!'  I don't care if that's all you can afford at the time.  Live in a cardboard box instead.  A fixer upper will suck the life out of you and leave you for comatose.  (oops....minor spaz-out.  I'm alright.  LOL)    

and just cuz I can.....(and cuz it drives y'all crazy...lol)    

Come on, get happy!    

Hello world here's a song that we're singing
Come on get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing
We'll make you happy

Travelin' along there's a song that we're singin'
Come on get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringin'
We'll make you happy
We'll make you happy

We had a dream we'd go travelin' together
And spread a little lovin', then we keep moving on
Something always happens whenever we're together
We get a happy feeling when we're singing a song

Trav'lin' along, here's a song that we're singing
Come on get happy
A whole lotta lovin' is what we'll be bringing
We'll make you happy
Come on get happy

13 comments:

  1. Poor Dog! Oh, and Poor Jesse too <g>. At this point I would take any house we can afford as long as it comes with an acre of land for Boo <sigh>
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
    http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dangit, Amy!  Do you have any idea how long it took me to get Copacabana out of my head?  STOP posting about songs.  Now.  I command it.  Because it wasn't just Copacabana...nooooooo...I went on to 'I write the songs' then, for some reason I can't possibly fathom, 'Yankee Rose' by Van Halen, or was it David Lee Roth when he went solo...who knows.  And......

    All right.  So I'm VERY suceptible to getting songs stuck in my head, and the more they annoy me, the longer they stick around.  Sometimes I hate my mind.  Sometimes being 'out of my mind' or 'lost my mind' seems like a blessing, eh?

    BTW, Harley's now sick, and I had a question.  Which knee is messed up?  My left knee started hurting out of the blue about a week and a half ago.  You dang well better not have transferred that crap to me!  WHAAA!!!!

    ~slightly psychotic Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I may leave this entry slightly happy, just don't tell anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sympathize with your husband as for  the first time in my life I have pulled some kind of crazy muscle in my back.. I did this right before bed last night.. just moving some things off  my bed.. I stooped to put the things down on the floor and I felt like I was archie bunker in one of those episodes where he throws out his back..instant pain mid air it travels down ..through my leg.. horrid indeed! As for your dog instant relief usually for a dog is fry up some hamburg.. and make some rice..mix together..and feed.. Hope everyone gets to feeling better over there in your house :) Mel

    http://journals.aol.com/myheartsaysso2/WhereTheHeartIs/

    ReplyDelete
  5. ::snicker::  That is exactly what Carrie said.  She said, "Mom, I can't get that song Amy posted in her journal outta my head."  She reads your journal like it is the bible or something.  You and she both have that sarcastic sense of humor in common.  Y'all beat me with it hands down, lol.  Poor Jesse.  I think you are right, the man has been through enough.  Her name was Lola.....she was a show girl...... Hmmm, hmm....hmmmm.....hmmmmm..................

    Blessings!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love out of no where when you brake out into song!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My fixer upper is sucking the life out of me too.
    still so many things to do.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yah, we had a fixer upper in Ohio.  Now we are renting a brand new home and I'm afraid to touch anything in it.  Somehow it has the very lived in look though at the moment.  I can't keep up with it all.  I think my back feels like Jesse's from the cleaning business and the hotel bed on our vacation.  And then Rob had me massaging his leg calf muscles from below the knee.  Geesh.  I need him to massage my back and can only get a minute or two of attention.  I hear ya on the nice fabric... I have loads of it waiting for me to get motivated and cut it but my cleaning company has sucked me dry on motivation most days.  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the happy song. So glad your putting it in here. BUT jessie man that is aweful I bet he is so sad. I bet you are nothing is more dissapointing than a set back.
    give fur baby a big ole hug poor thing and poor you playing nursemaid. so hard with doggies they cant say HEY I gotta puke.

    HEy Mine was brand spankin new and I still cant stop fixing up. I spent the whole day shopping for a fridg etoday ugh horrible I been looking for two week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Isn't it kind of cool to take care of a person you love?  I mean -- I don't like when Big Pete is sick, but I really enjoy helping him feel more comfortable when he is.

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  11. You don't want me to start sending you THAT song now do you?!?!  LOL!  My dogs get sick like that when they eat any people food.  It's their Golden Retriever they have in them I think.
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes it was necessary.  Sorry to say.  I don't know why.  Maybe it has to do with the silver lining thing.  Which is a reminder of some bubble gum rock from the Partridge Family.  I'm more particular to "I Think I Love You."  Do you take request? ~ Mike

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cracking me up....the Partridges????

    Chris
    http://journals.aol.com/swibirun/Inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings
    http://inanethoughtsandinsaneramblings.blogspot.com/
    http://www.bigoven.com/~swibirun

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....