Monday, February 6, 2006

                                                   

Sleep was elusive, yet again last night.  I'm starting to think the Sandman has a grudge against me or something.  I know I've been kinda quiet, but I'm moody.  Lack of sleep combined with drama creates headaches.......along with various very strong body aches.  I know what you're saying.....'Amy, you're STILL in pain?!  How long has it been now?!'  Well, yes, I am and it's been a year.  I know I need to get knee surgery, but that's not happening for a while..... and the neck....holy moly....eesh.  I gotta save up some money for an MRI so I can find out if something is herniated or if I'm just chronically tense.  And...for some unknown reason, I've been getting this sensation under the bottom curve of my shoulder blades that feels exactly like when you hit your funny bone.  (We ALL know it's never funny when you hit it....that has got to be the dumbest name....anyway)      

We've just been doing work work work here on the house, so I haven't had many pictures to share.  You can only take so many pictures of paint drying, you know?  But, I have been ordering books and reading alot.  I'm firmly convinced that Amazon.com is the axis of evil.  They toy with me.  They recommend books.  They offer me free shipping.  They know I cannot resist.  And then...they take my money and run cackling into the night.  But on the upside, I have a lot of boxes now to use for packing.  Hee hee hee.....    

That's it for me...just a random update to confirm that I am, indeed, still breathing....

9 comments:

  1. If you need to know what is going on for peace of mind then save for the MRI, but a good chiropractor will know if you have one or not.  I know in my office it doesn't change the treatment.  So unless it is and insurance issue I don't usually order them. ~ Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh, I can breathe a sigh of relief, you are still breathing.  YES!!!  Sorry you didn't sleep well and so sorry you are still in pain.  My insurance will kick in on the 16th provided of course, I can still cut the mustard.  I am going to have my knees and feet seen about!!!! I can say I am NOT where I want to be yet, but hopefully soon (on my production). :-(  The house is coming along nicely though.  :-)

    Blessings!~
    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definately sounds like a cervical spine prob in the neck....especially with the "funny bone" feeling. Yuck. I hope you are feeling better soon....I hate to see you down in the dumps! So....whatcha reading? Share with us! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. massage...you need some good massage!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. You just take care of yourself! You hear? An occasional update is fine. rich

    ReplyDelete
  6. So good to hear from you. SOrry you in so much pain. Try taking boswellia along with glucosamean helped Todds knee injury greatly. that boswellia is wonderufl. I hate lack of sleep but been dealing with it since I can remember so I dont have any ideas what to do

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazon mocks & tempts me me too!  

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  8. sorry to hear about your pain, hope it gets better soon. I often wonder why it is called a funny bone too, probably from its real name, humerus............Jules xxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just stopping by to see how you are doing.  I don't think I get all of my alerts and I am so behind on the ones I do get.  Sorry to hear you are having restless nights and pain but I see you are enjoying the books and keeping busy with painting.  LUV that graphic!!  Feel better soon!!  Hugs,
    Lisa

    http://journals.aol.com/randlprysock/AdventuresFromFlorida/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....