Monday, March 13, 2006

But was the pinky up or down?

                                             

Every day, things that my family does surprise me.
 
Some days, they're little things.  Other days, they're....more.
 
A few days ago, we all went out for Chinese.  We were shown to our table, and everyone went to sit, except for Adrian.  He said to me 'Where are you going to sit, Mom?'  I said 'Hmm...I think right here...' as I pointed to a chair.  He pulled out the chair, waited for me to sit, and pushed my chair in as I did.
 
Today, as he and I were sitting outside on the porch talking about this, that, and the other, he said 'What time is it?  Isn't it time for tea?'
 
::blink::
 
'Tea?'  I said.  'You want to have an English tea?'
 
Indeed, he did.  So, we came in and made tea, and had tea and cake.  The other two kids declined to join us, which, I think made him all the happier that it was just the two of us.  We drank from the fancy teacups with saucers, too. 
 
He says this is something we should do more often.  I'm inclined to agree.
 
If anyone knows of any books that are kid appropriate about English Tea and/or recipes, send an email my way.  My munchkin will thank you. 

9 comments:

  1. That is truely funny and sweet.  What has he been reading lately?
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet!

    ~V~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for keeping on. I remember when you first started.


                                        Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweetie!
    http://journals.aol.com/astaryth/AdventuresofanEclecticMind
    http://adventuresofaneclecticmind.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. There was one that was a dear america sereies book. maybe the library can tell you but it was about tea in england

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is just so sweet, how old is he? How old are the other kids.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This probably isn't 100% what you're looking for, but it has a basic afternoon tea menu, etc. Three of my Junior Girl Scouts are doing a bronze award project based around a tea for mothers/daughters. This was a good jumping point for them. http://coffeetea.about.com/cs/culture/a/aftervshigh.htm

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, a kid after my own heart!!  I love to drink tea out of nice china cups with saucers!  How about making a nice scone to go with that tea?  YUMMY warm and buttery from the oven!!  :)
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwwww, he is so cute.  Email Sylvia.  Bet she can help ya.  I love tea.  I drink it hot or cold.  I am southern born and southern bred ya know. ::wink::

    Blessings!~
    Susan
    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

    P.S.  Hot pic in your all about me section!~  Oooo Baby!~  Heee................

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....