Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Another one for the 'WTH Files'

                                   

I was sitting here at the computer the other day, and I glanced out the window when I saw this car come flying down the street and turns around in our driveway.  I barely gave it a second thought because there are so many people in this city who can't read the Dead End sign.  @@  So, anyway, after the car backs out to turn around, they pull up to where our mailbox is.  There are a bunch of bushes that block view to the mailbox.  This larger black lady gets out of the back and walks up the driveway.  I thought she was going to leave a church pamphlet on the door or something, but no.  She went straight onto the carport and started scoping out what tools and stuff we had there.  I'm like WTH?  So I went outside and said 'Can I help you?'  She's like 'Oh!  Um...I was just looking at this cat here....is it a stray?' (referring to the cat that me and the neighbor share/feed)  I said 'No?  The cat dishes are right there, so??????'  'Ohh....'cause I was gonna take it if it was a stray....' and she walks off real fast back down the driveway and hops into the backseat and they take off back up the street really fast.
 
I'm there thinking to myself 'OK, seriously?  In broad daylight, when they don't see  a car in the driveway, they would steal stuff?!'  I mean, come on...I don't live in a bad neighborhood.  The most excitement we usually get is when the neighbor guy, who's a firefighter, has the truck pick him up for work.  People are just getting more and more brave, I guess....  and one would think 'Hey, file a report..' right?  Yeah, the cops don't care.  'Oh no!  You almost had someone steal your weed eater?!  The horror!'  @@  Totally not the point, methinks.....  ::sigh::
 
Can people sue you if in the process of them stealing something of yours, you...accidentally shoot them in the ass with your paintball gun?  Hmm....
 
 

18 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me!  The shooting part!  The nerve!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um.  They might be able to sue you, but if you shoot them while they're on your property, while DEFENDING your property, I think that might be OK.  Personally, I always hoped that the ex would show up and bust into my house, because THEN I could shoot to kill and it'd be considered self-defense...  
    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah yes its getting werid this year. I have had it with the neighbors and people I wrote that  in my j entry I havent told all the weirdo stuff that has been goingon. ANYWAY. yesterda two people walke dup our driveway adn yard to get their kids off the trampline next door!!!!!!!!!!!! man that is so rude dont park in our driveway adn walk up our drive to get your kid out of theyard next to us!!!!!!!!!!!!! people are just plain rude.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are getting braver, life is getting scarier and there never seems to be a cop around when you need one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have one of your kids shoot it and I think it's legal then. ;) ~ Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. Damn....that is so weird!!!! Not to mention a bit scary....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lmao I think thats a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL might be worth trying!  LOL
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. good idea, the paint ball gun, then if they run off they are marked as well, lolol.............Jules xxx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jules19642001/Itsmylife/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't see any problem with the paintball gun.  I would have gone out there with it cocked and ready and said "May I help you?".  Hey, actually that's a good idea for the Jehovah Witnesses too!  It's a sad, sad world we live in.  Sigh.
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. What nerve some people have...and yes they will steal from you in broad day light...next time try and get their license plate number!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow, that is unreal...she totally would have taken your gardening stuff if you were not there...I would let the police know for sure, this way if there has been a rash of the same kind of thing happening, they would finally know who was responsible...(only if you got a description of the car and liscense plate) Hey, who knows what they will try next, you know??? Scary..

    Robyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. that that is gutsy in the middle of the day,   I don't know about a paint ball gun but damn that would be fun, set em up with and ambush them.
    Mis

    ReplyDelete
  14. omg I can't believe that that lady did that, How awful. Some people.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Should have taken the video camera out with you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That kind of shit happens around here all the time.  You should have told her that if she really wanted to adopt an animal you had a giant Rottweiler available.  "He's such a pain, though.  Always attacking uninvited people who come near the property!"  

    xo,
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had a snow blower (took 4 people to put it ON my porch) stolen in broad daylight, and I was sitting feet away from my front porch and I never heard a thing!  5 were reported stolen as well as ours, and they did find the person who was doing it, but of course they didn't have ours...argh!!!

    See, I wondered the same thing about the paintballs, but diff. scenario....like what if I'm just target practicing in my backyard and one happens to hit the dog across the street that barks all the time...would I get in trouble?

    ReplyDelete
  18. ha ha ha.. paintball gun.. we have a few of those around here too.. that would be pretty hilarious to light someone up with one of those.. especially if they didn't expect it as they were trying to steal.. good idea.. ! lol* But yeah people assume no car , means no one is home.. kinda stupid really .. I know..
    well oh yeah.. haven't been by your journal in awhile so I'm just playing catch up.. :) Mel

    http://journals.aol.com/myheartsaysso2/WhereTheHeartIs/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....