Monday, May 15, 2006

Ah...you knew it was coming...

My Mothers Day.....

Mothers Day was this weekend, of course, and I give it a thumbs up. 
 
On Saturday, Jesse took me out to see An American Haunting.  We watched the whole thing...and when it was done and the people were getting up and leaving, some girl was walking past me talking to her friend saying 'omg, that was the scariest movie!!!'  Um...ok, we must not have been in the same theater.  The only thing I was scared about was the fact that Jesse put so much butter on the popcorn - I was sure one of us was gonna be sick.  So....as movies go....it was ok.  But scary?  Not so much.
 
Speaking of being sick....we had McDonalds for dinner that night.  I'll never know why something so good upsets my tummy so bad.  But....who cares.  I didn't have to cook it.  Heh....
 
....and THEN......Sunday!  Yay!  The day where Mom gets up to find her coffee already made.  I found a very sweet card from Jesse with my coffee.... (thank you, honey!!)
 
My amazingly wonderful children made me the biggest card ever...lol.... and Adrian....who had been DYING because he had to keep what he had gotten me, a secret...was finally able to give me...something I told him I wanted.  A puppy.  See pictures.    Of course, there was dinner out at Olive Garden (where I appreciated my children ever more once we got seated next to some devil-possessed children), and then some shopping at Old Time Pottery, because Ryan knows how much I love that store....and then back home for more presents....and cake....
 
I ended my day much like any mother would on her special day.....
 
::pause::
 
::wait for it::
 
......playing a never-ending game of YuGiOh with Small Fry.
 
Ah, Motherhood.  The bestest job EVER.

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm... for my mother's day stuff I got... a card that kidlet #2 made me at school and... umm...  ??  
    We spent most of the day at my grandma's.  ::shrug::
    Somehow, not having a 'dad' to direct the kids' mother's day stuff means it doesn't get done.  OH well.  At least I didn't have to cook dinner.

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics glad you had such a good day.
    Missy

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.  Glad to hear you had a great day.  That is a big card.  ~ Mike

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow what a mothers day!
    Your daughter is soooo beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW you got some gifts I d like send me those candles girl!!!!!!!!!!! lol Looks like you had a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. so glad you had a great day!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emma was looking at all the presents you received yesterday when I was going through your entry (but was unable to comment yet AGAIN thanks to AOL!) and said "Gee Momma, she sure got a bunch of presents.  How come you didn't?".  Hmmm, wonder why?  I love all your presents, even your socks.  :)  Nothing like a fresh pair of socks right out of the bag.  
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWwww, what a lovely mother's day you had!!!! I love the puppy....too cute! And I know that Betsy would love the Reisen/Skittles gift.....those are her favorites....I just bought her some reisen's today. You look so pretty in your pics! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gee...almost makes me wish I had kids.  .....Nahhhhhhhhtttttt!!!

    xo,
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  10. great pictures and lots of nice stuff. I love the puppy. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so glad you had such a nice Mother's Day.  Love the presents.  Carrie wants the sour skittles and I will take everything else, lol.  We went out to eat Friday night before Mother's Day at Cock of the Walk since I had to work Mother's Day.  I love their fried pickles and literally made myself sick off of them.  Don't eat much fried food anymore.  Got lots to tell ya.  Just ain't ever enough hours in the day.  ::sigh::

    Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    Love ya,
    Suse

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....