Monday, July 31, 2006

::sob::

This past weekend, I was out in 90 to 100 degree weather doing work on the house.  Ew.  That made for a very yucky Amy.

So, Sunday, as I was laying on the bed enjoying the fact that I was fresh out of the shower and the ceiling fan was on high.....I heard Ryan make a strangling noise.  She said our internet wasn't working.

No big, I thought.....we'd just reset it... so I had Jesse reset it and I was just going to wait til today to check my mail and stuff.

So, I went to sign on, only to get a big box telling me an AOL file was corrupt and that I would have to uninstall/reinstall, which I did.

and then?  A box came up saying 'Which phone numbers would you like to use?'

Uhhh.....what?  Phone numbers?  No, silly computer, you don't understand!  I have broadband!  Ha ha ha.....

Well.  The computer laughed along with me.  Then it asked which phone numbers I wanted to use.

Kill me now.  I'm on dial up.  When the <bleeping> cable company is going to have pity for me is anybody's guess.

::sob::

13 comments:

  1. riverdaughter196July 31, 2006 at 3:04 PM

    Switch your aol connection from dial up to broadband.  The option should be available.  It's on the sign in page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. switch it broad band connection I had to do that once OR rest your pc to a previous date. my broad band has been actign funny lately I think the other coutnries are trying to destroy us as you are not the firstr I haerd to complain. I thinktehy will drive us crazy by taking awy our intenet !!!! HIGHSPEED

    ReplyDelete
  3. Over the past 2 days my pooter has been crashing all the time. I am on broadband as well. When I get reconnected all my history has been erased. Is it AOL or just random?
    Love,  Cathy.  xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ::sobbing with ya, sista::

    Love ya,
    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that IS sad.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg thats sooo unfair , thats dreadfull, no  thats gastly...that sux!...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. NEVER. They care nothing for you. It is obvious. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You poor thing.  Don't hold your breath!
    Lori
    °

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, hopefully the cable company well be there ASAP. I mean this is an emergency.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm currently sitting in the middle of nowhere, Nevada on DIAL UP too, and I'm wondering... given the choice between, say, having a microwave and having broadband, which would you choose?  I'll say, broadband all the way.  I can eat cold food, man....  ::giggle::

    Oh, you mean there's a stove-thingie that'll make the food hot?  Pfffft.  Nah.

    ~Em

    ReplyDelete
  11. You poor thing!!!!!!!!!  Dialup?!?!  AAAGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!  Isn't there a way that AOL will find out which way to connect is better for you?  That's when they are supposed to find the broadband or modem.  Geez Louise!!!  And, ceiling fan?!??!  I hope you have an air conditioner woman!!!  I wouldn't be able to survive!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feel for you - I'm on dial up and it's diabolical!
    Sylvia xx
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/sylviam4000/YeOldeEnglishPosy/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes I get that & I wait a few minutes & click my AOL icon again & it is ok. Says I should reload AOL...right! Ugh! Last resort I reboot my computer & it is ok.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....