Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Well, are we new 'parents' or not?!

Where the hell have *I* been, right?

I've been.......on pins and needles waiting for the Cocker Spaniel Rescue to call me or email me or anything about being adoptive new parents.  Adrian has been wanting a dog his size for a while now, and since I used to have a cocker mix...I checked out the rescue sites here in Florida and found Florida Cocker Spaniel Rescue .  Go look...you know you want to.  We've already fallen in love with a bunch of them.  How can you resist....

                           

If only the rescue people knew how we treated our animals....LOL.....they'd be handing us the lot of them.  Doggy pool?  We've got it.  Never leaving them alone?  That's us.  Watchful of what they eat?  Uh...yeah.  I bake (whole wheat and cheese!) cookies for them and feed them real meat.

::sigh::  Ohhhhh the waiting...it kills me.....

An added snippet.... I'm sitting here with Ryan and I said 'The pork roast smells good...garlic...'  Ryan says 'Yeah, it does, and it's not for the dogs this time!'  Haaaa like I don't cook for the kids too?  ::giggle::

 

12 comments:

  1. awww i had cockers growin on .. Poncho and Lefty LOL ... one black and one blonde .... i hope u get some new kids !!! muahzzz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Russ was trying to warn you, but I still see that little doggie in your future~~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. can you callthem and see if they will get a move on. I cant wati to see

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you hear soon...let us know!!!

    Hugs and love,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a much better doggie mom than me!  I don't bake for my boys.  But they have it pretty easy.
    Good luck.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Cocker Spaniels!!!!  Their ears are da' bomb!!  So soft and mushy!  I hope you get your new "babies" soon!  Why on earth would someone want to give up these dogs?!?!  Terrible people I tell ya', terrible!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope they call, I want one, I want one. My dog is so spoiled. The pork roast sounds so good. YUM

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Mom has a black cocker named Max.  I call him Macarooni.  Hee.......He is very territorial.  The only people he likes are my Mom and Stepdad, lol.  Hope you get what you are looking for.  We waited on Mary Jane forever, it seemed.

    Love ya,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't bake for my dogs.  They eat dry dogfood and get treats every now and then for a trick or a "job well done."  Maybe I should bake up some goodies for them, but not as long as my kids are eating frozen pizza and Hamburger Helper®!  Maybe I'll work on my parenting skills before my pet owner skills.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I KNOW you'd be great parents to a new pup!  I am ready to be adopted by you!  Okay?  I'm already packed.

    XOXOX,
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  11. can't wait fo ryou to get a new little one!!
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. When my daughter was growing up we had a black & white Cocker Spaniel mix named Squeaky.  He was the sweetest and cutest thing ever!  
    Best wishes on being adoptive new parents!

    ~Terry Ü

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....