Monday, September 11, 2006

Reserves weekend away

This past weekend was Jesse's Reserves duty weekend, so we all decided to go.  We took Sophie with us since she's in heat and I didn't want to come back to a very small, very pregnant dog.

We stayed at the Hampton Inn, which is pet-friendly....and the room was nice, but....

I just wanted to go home.

How ungrateful am I, right?!  Free internet, free breakfast, awesome pool, out to eat all weekend, and I just wanted my own house.  I may need to rethink my desire to travel.

Anyway, we went down to Key Largo to see if we could chill on some beach, but we found out that there was bacteria in the water so they didn't want people swimming in it......sooooooo we just headed back to the hotel and kicked it at the pool.

It was nice to spend time with the man, but I think next Reserves weekend, I might just stay home...

12 comments:

  1. Tell your daughter that I colored in coloring books until I was 16 and loved it.  I would color Barbie though and make her have all sorts of odd fashions.  I still love to color now with the kids, but I have my own fellow Virgo critic that tells me I am doing it "wrong" all the time.  I prefer my own home too rather than hotels, campers, cottages, etc.  I always want to go, but once I am there, I want to be home!  The pool did look nice though, I have to admit.  :)
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa who absolutely LOVES that pic of Sophie on the chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie looks like she knows she is the queen!  We just got back from a quick trip to Gatlinburg Tennessee.  I like being there but I want my own bed to come with me!  Sorry it was so rainy!  
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that RV is the way to go...
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pool looked fun and the kids and Sophie are adorable. :-)  I do not like to travel.  I am a homebody, BUT if someone gave me a ticket to go to CO, you know I would be there like white on rice, lol.

    Have a great week!~

    Love ya,
    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a hom ebody too. that is the reason I click with caming is its my little home away from home. I m in my camper my plaec my things. but i hated it before. I do love the cloud pics you posted I love cloudy days

    ReplyDelete
  6. Honey, didn't they have wine coolers there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry your get away was not all you wanted it to be. As Dorothy said, "Theres No Place Like Home"

    Toodles,
    Tia

    ReplyDelete
  8. sometimes staying at home is a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally cool pictures.  Why do you always seem to take the best pictures? That's so not fair.  I can't believe I can finally comment on your blog.  I have been having the hardest time getting onto your blog.  I don't get it.  Now everything seems to be fine (crossing fingers).  

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Hampton Inn. I did not know it was pet friendly. I 'll have to take my Greyhounds with me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. In photo no.10 why are you just standing by whilst ryan eats sophies head?
    You should be stopping her not taking photos!!!
    There is always bacteria in the sea!!! its filthy dirty horrible yucky and smelly. Its full of ocean liner waste, decomposing stuff and plenty of fish poop!
    Stay out of the sea!!!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I understand.  Sometimes you just need to be home.
    Lori

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....