Tuesday, October 24, 2006

What are you reading?

A tag about books!  Right up my alley, man!  As many boxes I have packed with books, I still have a crapload floating all around everywhere....

1. Grab the nearest book. If you are currently reading something, that'll be fine too.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next 4 sentences on your Blog along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet I know that is what you were thinking!

6. Tag 5 people

My answer:

By thinking of the possible universal consequences of mind reading and indeed all your mystical acts. you'll go far toward maintaining a positive balance in your karmic account.  Let's take a seemingly harmless, social application of mind reading as an example.  We'll leave out the technical details of the mind dowsing technique mentioned, as the how-to will be covered in the next section.

The next very short sentence makes no sense because it starts a new chapter.  The book?  Nocturnal Witchcraft - Magick After Dark by Konstantinos.

I tag anybody that wants to play...I'm always interested in getting tips on good books!

10 comments:

  1. ah I did this and it was not interesting its a book called HELP MEEt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Amy,
    I hope you found Konstanides book Nocturnal Magic more interesting than I did. I gave up to it after a few chapters.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooo that sounds VERY interesting!! Right up my alley ;o) Think I'll have to go and find that one gf! I guess I'll play along....entry should be up in a few....
    ((BIG HUGS))
    Angel

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds interesting.
    I just played myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am not reading a book right now. Just have my cosmo magazine on my bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am reading the 2nd book in Nora Roberts series about witches and vampires (I don't usually like her but couldn't resist with witches and vampires!).  It's called "Dance of the Gods" and the first book was "Morrigan's Cross", great books!  Here is my sentence:

    "That's fine.  Then if I could have the lovely balm Moira spoke of, and a meal, I'd be good as new -- but for the fact every bone of my body feels as if it's been hit with a hammer."

    There you have it!
    Hugs and love,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine comes from Stephen King and his book, The Stand. :-)

    http://journals.aol.com/rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/entries/2006/10/24/i-want-to-play-too........../694

    Love ya,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so much fun.....I'm going to do it but don't have time just now.  Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that term "mind dowsing." I know what you mean about living with books. They are both comforting and something to trip over in the dark.
    -Cin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cant possibly post this in my Journal as its far too normal!!!

    I have three books in my bedroom which i am currently reading, depending on my mood.
    This is from the one i last read from.

    This Fomorii like fighter, doubtless a cousin of the violent and misshapen Irish sea Gods, ordered Cynon to go to a fountain and fill with water a silver bowl that he would find there, and then throw the water against a marble slab. Sir Cynon did as he was instructed and a black knight appeared to the sound of thunder and the singing of magic birds. Sir Cynon then fought his mysterious opponent but was defeated. Dagda means "the good god".

    :o)
    Cooooool!!!
    :o)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....