Wednesday, November 8, 2006

Cookie Meme for Cin

Amy's Cherry Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
 
1 C Butter flavored Crisco
1 C sugar
1 C packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3 C quick cooking oats
1 C chopped pecans
1 10oz jar maraschino cherries
 
Preheat oven to 350
 
Drain cherries and chop coarsely.  Put on cookie sheet under broiler on low til they almost look candied.  (Don't use candied cherries in this!  Totally not good.  Also a note that putting parchment paper on the cookie sheet makes for less sticky mess...)
 
Grease cookie sheet or use parchment paper.  Beat shortening and sugars until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.  Combine flour, baking soda, and salt.  Add to shortening mixture; mix well.  Stir in oats, nuts, and cherries.  Using rounded tablespoons, roll into balls.  Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.  Flatten slightly.  Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Let stand for one minute to cool slightly and then transfer to wire rack.
 
Note:  I like using butter flavored crisco, but the husband likes plain shortening because he says there is almost too much butter flavor.  No such thing, IMO, but there you go....
 
 

6 comments:

  1. Keith is going to love these! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! I'm going to make those!

    ~Jaime
    www.chasenkids.org

    ReplyDelete
  3. i kinda just skipped through reading this. It was like another language!!! I guess it all makes sense to women. Its the language you are taught in the womb isnt it?
    ::Snigger::
    :o)

    i know, im heading for an almighty slap from the entire female population if i carry on like this. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even if I was a baker (and I'm so not), I wouldn't buy a can of butter-flavored Crisco for fear that the spouse would eat it all as a snack when I'm at work.  I'm only slightly kidding about that.

    XOXO

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound wonderful and will have to try these soon...thanks!

    ~Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now dang it, Amy Lou!~  

    You know I am supposed t be dieting and three of my favorite things are in these cookies!  Bad Amy!!!!  Bad, Bad Amy!!!!!!!  ::giggle::

    We both know how strong my willpower is.  LMAO.................

    Still love ya (even if you are an evil temptress),

    Suse
    http://aol.journals.com/Rjet33/CountryLivingSouthernStyle/

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....