Tuesday, May 15, 2007

a popular southern phrase...

Due to cable television, most people have heard the southern expression "Y'all ain't gonna believe this shit!"  Most of the time, it's followed by Bubba's rendition of the 20 foot long guppy that got away or something, but not today, folks.

Ohhhhhhhh, no.

I have a "Y'all ain't gonna believe this shit." story for you.

Are you ready?

Jesse.  fired.  Realtor.  Number.  Three.

Yes, the day before we put in offers on houses.

I know....you all are saying the same thing I said when he called me saying "I don't have time to talk right now but I just wanted you to know we no longer have ______ as our realtor any more."

Me:  WWWWWTTTFFFFFFFFF

(Yes, I made that exact sound.)

So two hours later, he calls me back to explain.  I'll do my best to explain to you guys.

The way it normally works is that a realtor sends you websites listings, and you pick out any that you'd like to see.  Everybody knows that, right?  Well....what I also do is check online listings myself.  I sent her lots that she had not sent me.  (Do I care that I found them and not her?  Not in the least.  After all, the main goal here is to get a house and I don't care who gets it for me as long as I get a house.)  Then....in order to not waste her time by asking to see a house that was already on contract, Jesse would call the sellers realtor and ask if it was still available and then after that, we would ask to see the house.  Sounds reasonable and efficient, doesn't it?

Well.  She did not like that we would call and get information that minute, when SHE had called and left a message and nobody ever called her back. 

The hell?  How old are you, right?  If you are mad because nobody calls you back, then you call them the next day, and the day after that, etc until you get an answer.  Time is of the essensce in realty.

So, the day before she would have made a very decent commission was the day she decided to have her hissy fit.  She called Jesse, gave him attitude, and when Jesse said "OK...if you want to part ways, that's fine with me.", she tried to backpedal.

The thing about Jesse is....if you piss him off once, that.  is.  it.

So.  Today, we are talking to a new realtor.  All he has to do is spend a couple days of paperwork and he gets the commission.

Common sense says that knowing people are getting ready to bid, and you have a problem, you go talk to Joe, the bartender.  Not shoot yourself in the foot.

Duh?

17 comments:

  1. I guess she learned a valuable lesson!  But it is so hard to deal with dumb.  The real estate market is so tight right now anyway, what was she thinking?!
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know but I do KNOW It is hard to ifnd a good agent. Itlel you we wont settle so we wspend most the time looking for a house we want. I tell you so far we have not found any good realitors. Didfind one and he gotsome family problmes hiw wife and daughter in a car wreck and so he is out of the business due ot long recovery. so only got to work with him a few months. the others try to push sell your house then find one. Im like thats the easy way for you. If you are in this job you do it the hard wayif thats what I want. you find me a house then you sell mine and I Make abid contingent on my house selling hows them cookies. Becuase that makes them........... push hard to sell my house if they know they get TWO commissions on the line!!!!!!  noep they dont wnat to work now days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH by the way does this mean you are still looking at those two houses you sent me. ??????? I hope so and that you get the one that fits you just right

    ReplyDelete
  4. keeping fingers crossed that this one works out!!!!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  5. She SUUUUCKed. You should get the commission for doing all the work. I hope your new realtor appreciates you. Now, go get a house. --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree that YOU should get the commission for doing all the work!!!!  Jesse did the right thing.  Maybe that will teach her a thing or two!  Praying it all works out soon for ya!

    Love ya,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  7. ah! that was funny to read :D ah ah ah
    Valerie
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/iiimagicxx/surreality/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just give it up and move in here.  Missouri is great, and we'll drink wine coolers together.  OK, I'm sorry it's going so tough for you right now, and hope it turns around soon.  I'll send you a virtual girlie drink right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have five-count 'em-five really nice and interesting houses for sale in my neighborhood, some on the National Registry of Historic Houses. Come give CT a try. Our Realtors talk to each other or their barman. How stupid can your ex-realtor be? Good luck with your bids. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the realtor. I sure hope it all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes...I have learned that Mexican men will not put up with much -- and don't EVEN try that backpedaling shit with 'em.  You should be working on a movie script about this experience.  

    XOXO
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  12. :-)  Some people just don't know when to keep their mouths shut do they?  More's the pity!  I bet she is crying in her cornflakes now!  Her loss is another's gain!  
    Have a wonderful day!
    Marie
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just had two rather large bacon rolls and a nice cup of tea.
    I feel a bit sick now.

    Nothing to do with your entry, just thought I'd tell you.
    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  14. seraphoflove9001May 16, 2007 at 7:40 AM

    No wonder you haven't had a house yet!!! Her ego was in the way of her job! I'm so sorry. Let's hope this new guy will do his job right for you!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lol! Talk about opening mouth, insert foot. Perhaps the next time she will actually work for her commission. What the heck was she complaining about anyway, you and Jesse where doing all the work. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  16. abeautifulmess62May 16, 2007 at 5:58 PM

    I sooooo know what you are going thru!! It took me over 2 years to find a house and my realtor was my cousin! It wasnt until she hadnt found me anything for 3 months that i decided to go to another realtor. I went into his office that first day and we looked on the internet. I found a house on there i wanted to look at. We looked at it that night and i closed on it a little over a month later.  If you're getting nowhere with who had its best that you switched realtors.

    ~Terry Ü

    ReplyDelete
  17. It sure does sound like that realtor didn't want to do her follow up calls!!  I think it's good that you have a new realtor!  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....