Monday, June 18, 2007

eh. do away with the damned subject lines already!

It's Monday.

We saw houses over the weekend.

While I am not an interior designer by any means, I will give you a tip.  Extremely dark cobalt blue carpet may hide stains, but it is a BAD idea to cover your whole house with it.  To say that this house was dark (you all know I am a fan of dark, but everyone has their limits), dismal, and depressing is an understatement.  I was actually afraid to go into the master bedroom.  It was so dark (room darkening curtains, closed windows, dark carpet, dark bedding, and a very strange netting thing over the bed) that I was slightly afraid to go in.  In extremely stark contrast to the rest of the house, the kitchen was so freaking bright, that I needed a minute or two for my eyes to adjust.  Needless to say, that one was a 'No.'

The other one we saw, we are interested in.  Great floorplan, ready to move in, all the colors I like.... but the yard is smaller and behind the house....is a gas station.  The heck?  aurgh...  but we put in an offer anyway...and then found out they were trying to do a quick sale because the family was trying to avoid foreclsure.  What that means for them is a quick sale.  What that would mean for us is a ton of paperwork.  Dealing with banks is a pain in the ass.

Such is my life.

I really am getting more and more down every day.  I have tried for a long time to be optimisitc, but the most you're going to get out of me lately is a shrug.  My smiles are few and far between......reserved for the kids.  I just don't know what to do anymore, and to say that the current situation is taking a toll would be an understatement.

I know that's all I seem to say lately.  Sorry, guys....

 

19 comments:

  1. I remember when I was trying to buy a place years ago.  This lady had put that fake brick stuff on all the walls.  Living room, kitchen, bedroom.  I guess it was okay if you liked living in a cave.  Good luck with the search.  ~ Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry, Amy Lou.  Hope it all works out for ya soon.

    Love you bunches,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your smiling big time soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. House hunting can be a major pain. I am always amazed at the things I see and wonder what they were thinking. You should see the strange things in house hunting in a foreign country. To say no closet space is an understatement. And small, small rooms. Once saw a place in Paris where the dining room with a huge table was also their room for watching TV, etc. Depressed me to no end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're HUMAN!  Going through a bad time.  It's OK to be depressed, we've all been there for one reason or another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should send you some photos of inside my house!
    Its quite shocking!
    Me and decorating just dont mix.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sorry that this house hunting is such a nightmare.
    :( This SUCKS! --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  8. ah make the bank who wants to forvlose take care of the paper work

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you looked out in the Converse area?  There was a lot of new construction going on out there some years ago when I was there... and some very beautiful homes and it was a bit rural but still very close to everything I think on the east side... just wondering.  Maybe it is too far from where hubby will be working though.  Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. awww...sending big hugs!!!!!
    and sending get the right house prayers
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you on nixing the dark , gloomy house. I hope the foreclosure house comes through for you. Seems if the bank wants the money so desperately they shouldn't mind doing the paperwork either. Keep your chin up kiddo, when you least expect it, things usually happen. Your in my thoughts hon! And yes you may be gloomy, depressed , withdrawn, I still love ya anyway. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well, at least you know what you want, and what you don't. It is depressing, I quite agree. Feel free to write what you want, Amy. It's your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I bet there were mummified bodies hidden behind the drywall in that first house you mentioned!  I'd put money on it.

    XOXOX
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would have no worry about the decor as Bryan would have the walls walloped over in a trice.  The carpets would be ripped up and the floorboards stained if we couldn't afford new ones for a while.  All this would depend on whether the floor plans were suitable for our life style mind you.  It is hard to see beyond someone else's choice of decor but sometimes it can help to daydream and be a 'Changing Rooms' presenter in your minds eye.   I hope you soon get over the 'Blue Meanies' my friend.  It must be so daunting for you at the moment.  I wish you a new home soon.   (((((huggles))))) Jeanie  xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so sorry things are not going as you need them to. I wish it could be different, and that you could be in a place called home.
    Certainly, the perfect place in just around the corner...I'll hold your hand as you continue to search for it ....hang on.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't want my house that dark that's for sure. Good luck with the house hunting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I would be in bed with the covers pulled over my head, secretly eating crackers with cheez-whiz, refusing to come out for meals or sunlight, moaning about how deep the pit is if I were in your situation. The mere fact that you are out and loking at houses indicated a kind of internal fortitude few of us have. You are entitled to any and all misery you feel, and to complain about it loud and long. I'll continue to send energy across cyberspace. Hang in. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dark room so you can sleep is my guess. Then bright kitchen to wake up. I have a bright bathroom for that reason...hot pink & hot yellow! HA! Something will come along that will be perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  19. hestiahomeschoolJune 21, 2007 at 3:56 PM

    hehehe

    My parent's house in the 70s had dark blue carpeting, more of a royal blue. I should scan a photo for you. Shudder

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....