Thursday, September 13, 2007

a 'what makes me happy' meme

Dawn has tagged me.  With what, you ask?  Wellll.....she says I must list 10 things that make me happy.

1.  Food.  I love to shop for it, buy it, cook it, eat it, smell it, look at it, watch other people cook it, etc.

2.  My fabu family.   I couldn't ask for a more awesome family. 

3.  My computer and internet.  This one needs no explanation.

4.  Pets.  They make me laugh, soothe me, give me a reason to baby talk.......you all know how I feel about my furry babies.

5.  My home.  It was a long exhaustive search for this house, but I love it more and more with every day that passes.  I still need decorating help, but bit by bit, it's coming along.

6.  Medications to make me forget and/or deal with my pain.  'nuff said.

7.  Good friends.  My online friends and my real life friends.  I love you all.

8.  Flowers.  Come on now....who doesn't love flowers.  I love to look at them, smell them, touch them....if I could actually grow any, that would be nice, but I won't hold my breath....

9.  Shopping.  I used to not like to shop for anything other than groceries, but I have really discovered the benefits of retail therapy, much to Jesse's chagrin.

10.  Books & Magazines.  The pictures, the words......I devour them.  Don't ask me how many magazine subscriptions I get because I couldn't tell you.  It's quite a few.  and Amazon?  Yeah....they know me well.

We are supposed to tag 5 people, but I won't.  If you do it, let me know so I can come read, ok?!

 

 

14 comments:

  1. Loved your happy list Amy!  We all need a happy list.  It can help remind us of our blessings when we get to feeling down!
    Marie
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see we have very much in common Amy.  I could tick most of these boxes.  Lol!
    That's probably why we all gravitate towrds each other and choose our on-line friends.  We recognise similar traits.
    Flowers?  Now you know ME and flowers!  Pets?   My dog was my baby too.

    Shopping...if I had endless copious amounts of money?  I could shop for England!  Lol!

    Books?   I devour them!   See?   What did I tell you!  And there's more......hahahaha!  But I'll stop here.

    ((((((Hugsies))))))
    Jeanie xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I got hamberger waht should I do with it today :?????

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you too!!!!!!!!  I hate shopping for food it means dealing with humanoids but I wish I had more prep time to cook it seems like everyone has to head off some place sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, I knew there was a reason I enjoyed you. I'm with you on all but # 1. Margo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I knew we were Soul Sisters. Is there a 12-step program for addiction to amazon.com? --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the plug and I love your answers.  Guess you're like me.  You love your fur babies, in my case baby, when she's whizzing on the rug or the floor.  
    -Dawn-

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd say my answers would be twins with yours.... these are great!!   I am so glad you like your new home.... and yay for shopping and for food and family and books and of course, our internet!!!!!  I don't even wanna think about life without my J Land friends.  Okay, back to my donations.  Glad to see you are alive and well and no hurricane stopping you from journaling!!  Hugs,
    Lisa : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. 11.  Peyton Manning

    You forgot that one, Amy!!

    XOXOXO

    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great answers, Amy Lou!  I might hafta play along when I get a minute.  Yeah, I am really dreamin' now, eh?

    Love ya,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  11. What makes me happy:  Blue Diamond Almonds in the Wasabi and Soy Sauce flavor.  OMGGGG... I can eat a whole can in a day, easy.  So. Good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know, I could just about copy your list. :-)  but I would add sex and chocolate and horses.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like a lot of the things that you do - food, books, my family makes me soooo happy!!! And I love my new home. :) Great list!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Maybe I need to do this, to remind myself how lucky I am.
    Gaz xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....