Sunday, October 7, 2007

Busier than a......

I could sleep for a week.  The past few days have been crazy busy.  Why?  'Cause we had Alex and Adrian's birthday party. 

Friday, I cleaned and cleaned, and then cleaned some more.  I prepped some food stuffs, too....

Saturday, I woke up and hit the ground running.  I didn't sit all day.  (Believe me, I am feeling it by today...)  We made..... brisket, grilled chicken, grilled pork, hot dogs, sausages, rice, beans, potato salad, avocado & tomato salad, and nachos.  (We usually put the nacho cheese in the crockpot and have that as a snack before the food is ready....and then throughout the evening as well....)  Who's coming over for leftovers?  (Well....except for the potato salad.  I made it - because I think store bought potato salad is nasty.......and clearly everybody else thinks the same because they were all raving about it....which I thought was kinda funny 'cause...you know...it's just potato salad...nothing that special about it except the bacon bits.....)

Anyway, the boys got a crapload of stuff - which they were way pleased with.  I was glad because it's harder to shop for them the older they get......

(I'm having some trouble with the adding pictures crap, so pictures will be coming as soon as I kick the computer a bit...)

edit:  I did a reread of this entry after I posted it and thought 'Good grief, Amy, you are decidedly unwitty when you're tired.'  pfft.

14 comments:

  1. Hey I thought your wit was fine lol
    sounds like a wonderful dinner and wish I had been there. Yes girl kick that pc and get me some pics!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my 15 yr old is a pain to shop for! I am just going to go with gift cards from now on!  Sound s like fun was had! Glad they were pleased with what they got!


    ~make it a great day!~
             Sharon
    http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who needs wit when you make a kick ass potato salad!  Thats all the wit needed in my book. (too many ways one can screw up potato salad!)  Can't wait to see the pictures.  I love visuals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, my thoughts exactly!  Yes, a whole week of sleep!!! Apparently we are both thinking the same thing this morning....totally need sleep.... I could sleep for maybe even two weeks.  I think the world should rearrange things to accomodate people who need sleep.  It is a crime for mothers and fathers especially to have to work and keep going around the house from a sleep deprived state.  How can anyone make a good decision from the angle of being just whooped, as I am this moment?  And yet, we are up and moving... and wondering why?  Okay, back to my regularly scheduled donations...  so glad the birthday party was a success... and I'd like some of that leftover potato salad!!!  Yummy!!
    Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Amy, you are always witty.....Glad the party was a hit for the boys..I know what you mean about buying things for them as they get older..I'm already thinking about gift cards for my two older grandkids for Christmas..and I hate to give gift cards...
    You are soooo right about store bought potato salad,,,Nasty..
    Can't wait to see the pictures...Start kicking that computer...lol...
    Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wouldn't worry, the wit will come back.  You've been a busy lady.  I love homemade potato salad, over store bought every time.  Looking forward to the pics.  
                                Smiles,  Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow..that's a lot of food...sound yummy too.
    hope you get your rest that you need.
    Gem :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmmmmmm, the food sounds yummy, looking forward to the pics.  Happy belated to both boys!~

    Love ya,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be over around lunch time. --Cin

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do all my food prep the days before.  I makes lists and check off from there.  Usually I try to just buy things that are fast cooking and do things to them to make them taste different.  Like beans, with hamburg,bacon and lingusa or real tomatoes in a homemade sauce for pasta.  Usually if I make anything with veggies they are frozen.  Oh, and send me the recipe for the brisket,please.  The hash brown one was the bomb!  -Dawn-

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im with you on store bought potatoe salad...It is more than nasty if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bacon makes everything better!

    XOXO
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great party with lots of delicious food!  Can I come next time?
    Marie
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like you did a great job with the party....I'm so glad everyone enjoyed it....June:)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....