Wednesday, February 6, 2008

As long as it wasn't my fault....

Yesterday, I babysat my niece.  I get to play with her.....I mean, watch her.....on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons, usually.

Diana's mom usually watches Valencia in the mornings, and then I get her in the afternoons.  It's a perfect set up.  So anyway, Diana called me saying "My mom says Valencia is being tremendous.....so I guess you're in for it."  I'm thinking "Uh oh..."

She was an angel.  We walked up and down the stairs, around the kitchen, inside, outside, we played ball, she slept, we ate (hello.  that child can eat.  a fourth of a chicken patty, a big spoon-full of mac 'n cheeze, and green beans.  She loves her some green beans)

So, after Diana picked her up and was driving home.....I get a phone call.  "Do you want to know what YOUR niece did?!"

Uh oh.  Suddenly, she's mine?  Oh lordy....

Diana continues "I gave her my coke bottle....it had a little bit left in it.....and it was tightly closed.....so I figured she could play with it and shake it around.  As I'm driving, I'm hearing her talking and sloshing around the bottle.  Then.....it's quiet.  I look back and.....now I have to wash the car seat."

Pictures with commentary from Diana:

"You see, Dad.....let me explain....."

"Mom over there just handed me the coke bottle and I didn't ask for it or anything..."

"But when I opened it, it spilled itself ALL over my shirt.  I can't explain my hair, though."

All I have to say is that she left my house with two normal looking ponytails, okay?!

14 comments:

  1. ROFL, Amy.  She is such a little doll and has such a pretty name.

    Love you,

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is such a sweetie and sounds like a real pickle as well

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, I just love that hair......... LOVE IT.
    Gaz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks one big bundle of joy!  I bet you had the best of times with her.
    Look at her happy laughing face...little angel with the 'Punk Hairdo'   Lol!
    She is so cute!
    Hugs
    Jeanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an addicting smile she has!!!  She is just too cute!!!  Although I'm sure that car seat isn't making mom feel quite that way at the moment.  Whenever my kids get in the car and mess it up I will have to remember to call my sister up and say do you know what your neice and nephews did today?!  LOL>  HUgs,
    LIsa  

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is a doll!
    Amy please read this entry .....your in it.
    http://journals.aol.com/swmpgrly/Lostinmyownthoughts/entries/2008/02/05/nice-matters-awards/1211

    ReplyDelete
  7. ROFL!!!  That is toooooo funny! <should I say that? looking around for Diana> She is adorable Amy :)  Hugz, Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww she's adorable.  What a blessing to be able to spend a few hours with her you had!
    Marie
    http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

    ReplyDelete
  9. AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    The comments made me cry! "Why Lord, why can't I see the angel these people see??" HAHAHAHAHA I'm just kidding, you know I love her, punk hairstyle and all.  Thank you everyone for the comments!
    Diana & Valencia
    (psst Amy did I do this right?)

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is soooo cute!!!
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  11. She's adorable as all get out! Yes, even with the wild hair and soaked shirt. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  12. She looks like a girl that totally had fun with Auntie Amy. She is so adorable!

    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute is she!! -Dawn-

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....