Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Roths, Retirements, and Sweaty Men

I was watching BBC World News and heard a snippet about teens saving for retirement.  Something about them putting $3,000 into a ROTH....adding in $2,000 per year til age 25, and then leaving it alone to mature (or something...) and then diversifying it into bonds and something else......thereby allowing them a pretty easy retirement.  Who knows anything about this because try as I might, I could not find it on their website.

moving along, this has been a crazy couple of weeks.......Jesse's parents, graduations, sick dogs, aches and pains....whine whine whine.  If anyone wants to offer me their time share in Acapulco, I'll be happy to check it out.  gyahhh.....I could use a vacay.  One where it's not 98 degrees in the shade.  I'm telling you.....I go outside to fill the bird feeder and I'm sweating by the time I get back inside.  It's craziness.  Therefore, I try to stay in the air conditioning as much as possible, because I dislike sweat very much.  I don't like it on guys either.  Sorry guys.  I know that sweat/pheremone thing is supposed to turn women on, but not me.  Get your ass in the shower and come out naked and clean and thennnn we'll talk.

mmmkay, I went on a little bit of a tangent there, didn't I?  I'll blame it on the heat.  heh....

Oh!  Before I forget.....lookit my baby sister! 

Can you stand it!?!?  Isn't she adorable!?!?

and one more.....'cause I can....

 

11 comments:

  1. She's beautiful just like her big sister.  :-)

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, she's beautiful, just like you!
    Marie
    http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy,
    I haven't heard that retirement savings advice ... sounds interesting, though.  These days, I don't know what the "next generation" is going to do about retirement.  Most companies have done away with pensions, social security won't be much help and 401Ks only look good when the stock market is up.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful sisters.  You have been busy.  I don't envy you the heat one little bit, can't stand it.  It was 65 and sunny here yesterday!  ;-P  Sorry!
                                                              Smiles,  Leigh

     

    ReplyDelete
  5. You girls look lovely and happy on graduation day!!  You must feel so proud!!  Way to go mom for getting one through school and also way to go Ryan for getting through school!  I would not want to go back to those days for all the tea in china and they say it is much worse in schools these days now.  I have the evidence in my own teenager LOL.  That sounds like a wonderful retirement plan..... wow....  Sounds like you have been a busy girl.  We do have a timeshare and sometimes there are weekend getaways we can sell off for dirt cheap but I have to get busy and check out all the options one of these days when I am more organized.  We have twelve getaways a year and I know there is no way we are going to be able to use them all.  Hmmmm, Acapulco sounding divine.... Hugs,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweaty is ok, if they shower first & then get sweaty. Then they sweat clean.  You & your sister are so very beautiful; I don't know about her, but for you, it is inside & out. ~Mary
    ps I will email about setting the kids up with funds that will let them retire well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. She is adorable and she looks just like you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yucky sweaty men!  And your sister is adorable.  Her and your daughter must be a deadly combination!

    ~Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  11. Clean sweat is a turn-on for me...but the timing has to be just right.  


    Where was I going with this?

    XOXO
    Russ

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....