Thursday, May 8, 2008

We all KNOW how the Circle of Life ends....

.......but it still doesn't make me like it.

Y'all know we went to Mexico last weekend (? was it only that short of a time?)....... mainly to get Ryan's pictures taken.....but also at that time, Jesse's grandmother had gone into the hospital.  She had fainted at home, so they took her to the hospital to find that she had fluid in her lungs.  Her heart was also enlarged.  She was in ICU at the time, and in Mexico, they let nobody in to the ICU of the 'Social Security' hospitals - which are free government run hospitals.  (The doctors kept trying to tell us that the reason she had fluid on her lungs was because the family had been feeding her too many soups and liquids and the liquids had nowhere to go but her lungs.  ::blink::  What the hell, you freaking idiot doctors?!  See.....the doctors there prey on the fact that most of the people in that hospital are ignorant.  Yeah, not me, moron.  THEN, the doctors told the family that the reason they weren't allowed back in ICU was because they would rob oxygen from the other patients.  ::blink::  Uhhhhh.....they're all wearing oxygen masks, dimwit.  AURGH....

ANYWAY.....while we were down there, Grandma improved a bit to be able to be released to a room.  We had to leave on Wednesday, and luckily, Wednesday morning was when she was transferred...........so Jesse was able to see her.  They talked and joked.......which I am so thankful for.  That afternoon we left to come home.

From then til now has been a roller coaster ride for her because the family had transferred her to a private hospital and back again......they've been advised of lawsuits they need to bring against the government hospital.......the whole family has been taking shifts to make sure someone is at the hospital at all times.

But, yesterday, around noon, she decided enough was enough, I guess.  Mass and funerals are quick down in Mexico, so we won't be able to go.  Say a prayer around 3 this afternoon for her, okay?

Rock on, Abuelita.....

15 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry Amy.  My prayers and thoughts are with you all.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, I am sooooooo sorry.  I know how it feels.  I have no grandparents left.  My condolences.  All my kids have left are their grandmothers, neither of which are in the best of health.  Why is it always the men who go first?  ::shrug::

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I'm crying.  Everything has been making me cry.  I am so very sorry, Amy.

    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too am sorry to hear about your Abuelita.  Saying a prayer or two for ya'll.  At least you got to spend a little snip of time with her while you were down there.  This past Thanksgiving I lost an aunt and was so greatful for the 20 minutes I got to spend with her that summer on my trip North.  Reminds one how important loving your loved ones is.  Take it easy.  Drink a toast to her and rock on.  God bless.

    Kristi J

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you got to see her but sad that you don't get to go to the funeral. WTH with those idiot doctors in Mexico. Feeding her to much soup?? IDIOTS!!! Seriously do they know what they're talking about. I'm so sorry you guys for your loss but that picture of grandma really does ROCK!
    xoxoxox
    The G's

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy- i read this title and knew i was not going to like what the rest of the entry said. I am so, so sorry to read about Jesse's grandmother. I wish there was more I could say....just know I am thinking about you all.
    ~Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Amy,
    I'm sorry for your loss and thinking of you and your family.  I can't believe what you're saying ... her lung problem was caused by Soup?!?  They're afraid visitors will suck the Oxygen out of the room?!?  Do they actually expect people to believe that nonsense?  Unbelievable ...
    Hang in there.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love you, Ames.  God speed to grandma.  Now she can watch over you and Jess like she should.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear about Jesse's nan!  She looks like she was quite the lady and full of life!  (((hugs))) What a blessing it was that you got to spend some time with her so recently.
    love,
    marie
    http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh no.  I'm so sorry.  This whole circle of life thing sucks and it needs to be overhauled.

    XOXOXO
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awwwww.... I'm so sorry.   It also saddens me to hear about the medical care down there.  Big hugs.  Gods speed to her.  I know you believe as I do, I am certain her presence will still be felt.

    much love, rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so sorry to hear of Jesse's grandmother's passing.  Will say a little prayer for you all.
                                                          Blessings,  Leigh

     

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry.
    I hope you are all coping ok.
    She looked like a fun person.
    Not like my Gran. I think she used to eat kittens and puppies.
    :o)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  14. i prayed to my grandma who passed in the summer of '06 when i read this.  she is gonna have a martini ready for your grandma and save her a seat at the bridge table.  my grandma said she could teach her to be a card shark in like 3 days if she didnt already know how to play.  then they can watch us like they used to watch cable and nod and shake their heads at us for all the crazy things we do that we should know better about, but do anyways.


    take care and visit the blog anytime.

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....