Friday, July 25, 2008

Baby Love and the Killing of a Stalagmite

I got to give my lovely baby niece her first bath the other day, and while the pictures of that aren't loaded yet, I thought I would share this one because I love it so much. 

In other news, my sister in law (the Indiana ones) & family have been in town, so we have been spending quality (and not so quality) time with them.  This included a visit to Natural Bridge Caverns, where it was supposed to be 20 degrees cooler inside the cavern.  ::pause::  Yeah, not so much.  We were soaked in sweat.  Gross, gross, gross!  We add onto the fun of that with the fact that Alex was not doing very well with that heat and humidity and proceeded to vomit inside the cavern.  Yes, the cavern that they tell you not to touch anything because you will kill thousands of years worth of rock formations.  Good times, good times.

 

11 comments:

  1. What a beautiful photo, lovely baby.  Yes, it is very humid here and really getting me down as I have a temperature, sore throat and streaming nose.  It is pretty unbearable.

    http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute, cute picture. Poor Alex. I am sure he wasn't the first and won't be the last. Plus you know everyone that goes in there touches stuff because the signs say don't and who can resist that??

    ::breath::

    Ok.

    XOXO
    -Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture of you and your niece. She was indeed a big baby, wow over 9lbs. She's a beauty hon!(Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Amy,
    Who knows, maybe Alex's vomit will become a new attraction ... almost as much fun to look at as an igneous rock formation.
    Best,
    Marty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, to count the times that I was humiliated by a family member in a public place.  Crying fit?  Done it.  Throwing up?  Done it.  Losing a shirt?  Done it.  Poop in the pants?  Done it.  Yeah, babe, we're kindred spirits, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awwww, that baby!!  I love holding new babies!!!  I cannot wait til my neice and nephew get here so I can spoil them.  That is a great picture of you all!!!!  Sorry I am so behind on entries... am finally starting to act normal again.  It's gonna take a while....
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Babys adorable!.....poor Alex....wonder what they will use to clean that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo.  We hardly ever get to see your sexy husband!

    xoxo
    Russ

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's just as well Russ lives miles away or he'd be round like a shot!..........Watch out watch out, Russ is about. LOLOL
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I'd like to live in a cave. That would be cool. Just as long as no stinky arsed tourist came in for a visit.
    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been away from J-Land for a while but I am back!  And all caught up. Congrats on your new baby niece!  Sorry to hear about the boyfriend problem.  If it gets worse I would file a restraining order. I don't know of any service that has text blocking or phone call blocking.  I know verizon doesn't.

    Oh and I want one of your tacos.

    Hugs Rosemary

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....