Saturday, August 23, 2008

...and then I sleep from 3 AM to 6 AM....

My cat and I are currently watching Puppy Games 2008 on Animal Planet.  An hour of watching puppies play.  What more could you want....
 
So what's been going on with me?  Well.  I rescued a stray puppy.
 
and we had a neighborhood block party.
 
and I've had sleepovers for the past 2 nights, and company every day for the past week and a half.
 
It's been busy.
 
Anyway - one thing at a time........... the stray puppy.  Adrian said to me "Hey!  There a cute stray dog outside!" so y'all know me.  I went to go look.  It was this small scruffy Yorkie/Terrier mix - small, skinny, muddy, and very happy to have someone talk sweet to him.  To say he was skinny is an understatement.  He was skin and bones.  (You all know what a tragedy that is to me.  Anyone in my family needs to be chunky or I am just not happy.  LOL)  So, of course I picked him up, gave him a bath, fed him, and he promptly fell asleep on a towel.  Awww....  Of course, Jesse got all pissed and bitched me out for rescueing a stray and he thought I was trying to keep it.  let's just say he was really really mean.  But, at the end of it all - he realized I was just trying to do the right thing, which was to find a sweet dog a forever home. so..... ::sigh::  Anyway, we were able to take the puppy to a no-kill shelter and the lady said that the puppy was so cute and sweet that he would be adopted quickly, so all's well that ends well.
 
Now, the neighborhood block party.  The street was blocked off and people were milling about.... It started out to be a really hot day.  I looked out the window and saw a dunk tank and a bouncy house thingie set up.  Then 30 minutes later, the sky opened up and it poured.  No matter though.....we just took off our shoes and walked around.  Pouring rain is better than that insane heat, for sure.  There were a bunch of games.....and....a dance-off.  One for kids and one for the grown ups.  Both of them made me blush.  The winner shook her money maker.  ::cough::  It's a good thing there wasn't a pole accessible or I would have had to tip her in dollar bills.
 
What else.............OH YEAH..... Do you all remember how I said Ryan's ex boyfriend was stalking her and she had to change her phone number?  Wellll.....somehow he got her new number and started texting her again.  Crikey.  But....on the up side.....our cell phone carrier just offered text/number blocking.  Ha ha ha.  In your face, you loser punk.  Screw you and your 'I just want to be friends....I was wrong, I messed up and I'm sorry.'  no, No, NO!  ::Amy sharpens her stick::  NO!

10 comments:

  1. LOL!!!  You're SO FUNNY!!!!  Glad she could block him!!  But tell her to be careful, a REAL stalker can be VERY SCARY!!  You never really know what they are capable of in desperation.  The block party sounds like it was alot of fun!!!  So nice of you to rescue that poor puppy!!

    Joann

    ReplyDelete
  2. C had a BF like that.  Funny thing is they are kinda friends now after all that.  He got better after he finally got a new GF.  Hope things turn out for the best!~

    Love ya!~

    Suse

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for rescuing young Mister Puppy! Aww.

    The dance winner "shaking her money maker." LOL Virtual pole-dancing right there in the neighborhood?! Good heavens!

    How the heck is Ryan's stalker ex getting her new phone number??

    Happy Saturday! Whoops--it's Sunday!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy you rescued that baby :)  My problem with doing things like that is I want to keep them all and C winds up having to be the "bad one" by taking them to a shelter... When I lived in Portland OR there would be block parties all the time, I never went, I watched from my apartment window.  The ex needs to have a damned restraining order placed on his rear end... do they do that for just harrassment over the phone?  Blessings* Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shake that money maker...(cough, umm, that wasn't me) anyhow...I would of done the same thing with the puppy, how could anyone NOT. Ryan's ex is turning out to be scarily obsessive...I hope the phone blocking works. Although I can see him using a friends phone to try to get through to her. (Hugs)Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice going with the puppy...you're my hero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know how you manage to fit all that you do into your amazing life!!!  I think I'd be pretty worried about that ex boyfriend.  That is just so NOT normal behaviour for someone to be obsessed like that.  Good thing she dumped him.
    Kudos on saving the pup, but I think I would have had to keep it myself, lol.  I know, if I had my way my house would be full of stray people and animals!  there'd be no room left for me!
    Marie
    http://ayearatoakcottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anyone who rescues strays is ok in my book.  I have 11 dogs, and 7 cats, and all but my three shits (Shih-Tsu's) are strays.  Sorry to say they do not have a no kill shelter in my town, so I find myself trying to keep them all.  I'm lucky though...I haven't had a stray in several years, and I hope I dont, but I can't stand to see a poor innocent animal starving to death, and will do anything in my power to help.
    Nice to meet you.  I am here because of Teresa over at Remembering To Exhale.
    I'll be back!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww, no pics of the doggie :-(
    Gaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes Ryan is so beautiful it is going to take a lot longer for boyfriends who are rejected to "get lost."  Thank goodness for call blocker.  LOL the shaking in the street.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me, people! Otherwise, I'm just talking to myself....